Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) SG Shake Milton to SMU

Don't get me completely wrong, I am happy to have OG but it's been mentioned he needs a redshirt year.

This isn't Wisconsin??????

I think OG will be a good player for us but harder to get excited for a player that isn't instant impact.

And yet many have pointed to Wisconsin as a better roster management model. All things to consider

Don't get me completely wrong, I am happy to have OG but it's been mentioned he needs a redshirt year.

This isn't Wisconsin??????

I think OG will be a good player for us but harder to get excited for a player that isn't instant impact.

Some of the best/breakout players in college basketball are redshirt players. Most recent one that comes to mind is Ben McLemore.

I think that is his point. There is nothing wrong with redshirting a player if he won't contribute right away but if you have faith in him and the coaching staff to develop and keep him here for 5 years. Crean doesn't have that track record of redshirting these players and keeping them around long enough to make that make sense

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

So, with the NCAA investigation into SMU and their academics, does Shake Milton reevaluate giving IU a second look?

SMU story here: http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/24966010/keith-fraziers-academic-issue-part-of-larger-problem-at-smu

I don't think we need him at this point. Unless he has had a huge growth spurt, we don't need another guard or wing

I don't think we need him at this point. Unless he has had a huge growth spurt, we don't need another guard or wing

Let's pretend that Yogi, JBJ, Troy, and Stan are all potentially leaving at the end of the year. We may not want to shut this one down just yet. The kid is pretty darn good.

I have to agree with #1CreanApologist on this. I don't see anyone going pro, but Yogi is Wooden Top 25, and JBJ is above him in mock drafts if I remember correctly. Troy is on an Oladipo meteoric rise as well.

I have to agree with #1CreanApologist on this. I don't see anyone going pro, but Yogi is Wooden Top 25, and JBJ is above him in mock drafts if I remember correctly. Troy is on an Oladipo meteoric rise as well.

Vic came out of nowhere. Troy was a top 60 recruit, people have talked about his NBA prospective from day one, Vic not really

No one is going pro. Only one site (i posted it) has JBJ in a mock draft for this year. The other sites have Troy and Yogi as second rounds and one site has Troy in the late first. If you aren't a guaranteed lottery pick, there is no reason to leave early. Second round picks have no guaranteed roster spot or camp invite. 

So, with the NCAA investigation into SMU and their academics, does Shake Milton reevaluate giving IU a second look?

SMU story here: http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/24966010/keith-fraziers-academic-issue-part-of-larger-problem-at-smu

I'm seriously wondering that myself!

What I'm reading in the last few days about SMU does not sound good for them but it does sound familiar with Larry Brown programs. The man can coach like hell but seems to play a little fast and easy with the rules.

No one is going pro. Only one site (i posted it) has JBJ in a mock draft for this year. The other sites have Troy and Yogi as second rounds and one site has Troy in the late first. If you aren't a guaranteed lottery pick, there is no reason to leave early. Second round picks have no guaranteed roster spot or camp invite.

I believe draft express has troy and JBJ in the first round and yogi late in the second. You will see troy Williams in every single board by the end of the year. I understand what you're saying, but I don't think you can have much confidence in saying no one will go pro with almost half the season left.