Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Hollowell & Etherington transferring..

Not surprised, good luck to AE wherever he goes. Log jam of talent at his position makes it tough to want to stick around. Gives another spot for a big for this year, I think CTC is going to grab a couple surprises to fill in these spots.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There's 2 schollys open now.. More to come from what I'm hearing

yes, Marlin... sounds like AE and Marlin are buddies who have an opportunity to maybe play together somewhere else. Good for them!  

As far as Hollowell, he needs to step up his game or jump... He looks high on the court half the time, maybe more.

So you do not subscribe to the theory that we were inexperienced this year and lacked veteran leadership. That having upperclassmen is important to building success.

Does anyone not subscribe to that theory?

[quote name="CampCrean" post="52566" timestamp="1395680407"]I mean, is anyone really worried about this loss? Glad he helped get Cody but as Rayl pointed out we have so many wings already. He saw solid PT this year but turned down a lot of shots. Other than just personally liking the kid I don't see this as a loss that will affect the team very much next year. [/quote]
It is not that he IS leaving but the "why" he is leaving is the most important point.

Sent from the gym using BtownBanners

So you do not subscribe to the theory that we were inexperienced this year and lacked veteran leadership. That having upperclassmen is important to building success.

AE was in his 3rd yr... you saying he lacked vet leadership?

It is not that he IS leaving but the "why" he is leaving is the most important point.

Someone just said because he wouldn't have his 5th year schooly. Or that his friends are gone. Honestly, if it's because of friends, he needs to be a man and make new ones off the court. You aren't always going to like everyone you play with. 

This is bigger than his contributions on the court. As a redshirt sophmore transferring he will lose his redshirt year which would mean only one year to play. That is unless he seeks a medical or family hardship which wouldn't automatically be granted. He also saw more action towards the end of the season so why wouldnt he think he would see more? I don't see a Creaning here, I think its a similar situation as Lukes. I never saw Fisher ever being quoted as homesick. Now you lose more of the older players that a lot of us say we need more of. Losing 5th year seniors Roth and Creek plus junior Remy Abell is exactly opposite of that thought. Unless Crean plans to field a team of juco transfers or 5th year seniors we continue to get younger. Plus talk of Hollowell or probably Jurkin the hits keep coming in Bloomington.

[quote name="CampCrean" post="52588" timestamp="1395681061"]Someone just said because he wouldn't have his 5th year schooly. Or that his friends are gone. Honestly, if it's because of friends, he needs to be a man and make new ones off the court. You aren't always going to like everyone you play with. [/quote]
When people play in front of you who are breaking team rules and don't know the plays, and getting away with it ...it is time for a change

[quote name="schoosier" post="52589" timestamp="1395681074"]This is bigger than his contributions on the court. As a redshirt sophmore transferring he will lose his redshirt year which would mean only one year to play. That is unless he seeks a medical or family hardship which wouldn't automatically be granted. He also saw more action towards the end of the season so why wouldnt he think he would see more? I don't see a Creaning here, I think its a similar situation as Lukes. I never saw Fisher ever being quoted as homesick. Now you lose more of the older players that a lot of us say we need more of. Losing 5th year seniors Roth and Creek plus junior Remy Abell is exactly opposite of that thought. Unless Crean plans to field a team of juco transfers or 5th year seniors we continue to get younger. Plus talk of Hollowell or probably Jurkin the hits keep coming in Bloomington.[/quote]

JURKIN? Where you hearing that one from...

Jake Query ‏@jakequery  38m
All signs pointing towards Jeremy Hollowell leaving #IUBB program.

Feel for the kid but can't say as I'm going to miss him the way he played.  Hope he gets his "extracurricular" activities under control and moves forward.  

Ok I will admit I am new to IU BB.  My kid is a freshman in Bloomington & I just hopped on the bandwagon (I am from Buffalo, NY so didn't really follow any college BB team before now)  Is is normal for this kind of turnover?  I get Noah going pro - although I was hoping he would stay one more year, but the rest leaving can I expect this kind of upheaval every year?  Thanks

Ok I will admit I am new to IU BB.  My kid is a freshman in Bloomington & I just hopped on the bandwagon (I am from Buffalo, NY so didn't really follow any college BB team before now)  Is is normal for this kind of turnover?  I get Noah going pro - although I was hoping he would stay one more year, but the rest leaving can I expect this kind of upheaval every year?  Thanks

It isn't completely uncommon. The pure numbers don't look good, but this has been happening a lot all over college basketball, wait until all the transfers have been finalized this year and the number is going to be mind boggling. Last year's was as well