Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

IU vs Nebraska Game Thread

6 minutes ago, moonjaws said:

Lots of negativity and understandable but I want to put my cards on the table..I love IU and will always root for them.It's hard when you have good players that CAN win and don't..Point fingers where you want blame is like opinions but jeez the mistakes and mental lapses cause me the most frustration.I'll watch every game and root hard every game and hope I can have more restful nights than nights I toss and turn.

I think we all love IU jaws.  That is why I think you see the opinions that you do.  This is a great place to express joy, frustration, etc. as a Hoosier Nation fan.  I too will watch every game with the hope that we come out victorious.  Losing to an upper tier B1G team might be explainable and understandable but not to a mediocre Nebraska team at Assembly Hall.  That doesn't and should've never happened.  Let's hope that the rest of the season starts now on an upward trend.

This was a horrendous loss. No doubt about it. Could be the difference between a 1 and a 2 seed in the B1G tournament.. But if they are able to beat Louisville, Indiana will have the 3 best wins of any team in college basketball.. That will mean something come tournament time.

51 minutes ago, bellj833 said:

Anybody still think OG, TB, and JBJ are all going pro after this year???.... just said it last week and I got bashed for it but at most I think we'll lose 1 of those players I know it's still early and a lot can happen but again I just don't think any of these players are ready. We could be loaded next year if that's the case

It's not even January yet.. I still believe all 3 are gone. One game doesn't make or break your NBA chances. Lots of basketball still to play.

4 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

It's not even January yet.. I still believe all 3 are gone. One game doesn't make or break your NBA chances. Lots of basketball still to play.

With Blackmon it is not one game though the kid has never played D. He might try but he just does not do a good job of it. With Thomas Bryant I think Crean is hurting him having him so far from the basket so much. He can be out there some but at 7 foot with his frame he needs to be on the block more. OG has been up and down but I still think he is the one that would get drafted based just off of athleticism, and potential.

With Blackmon it is not one game though the kid has never played D. He might try but he just does not do a good job of it. With Thomas Bryant I think Crean is hurting him having him so far from the basket so much. He can be out there some but at 7 foot with his frame he needs to be on the block more. OG has been up and down but I still think he is the one that would get drafted based just off of athleticism, and potential.

If you watch on the play where Newkirk drives into the corner before throwing it to Nebrasketball TB is out behind the arc. If he's under the basket it's another option for JN to throw it in. We have to be one of the dumbest teams. Most of our players struggle when they can't win with athleticism.

The thing that concerns me about this team is the bench. Last year the reason why we were great was because there was never a drop off when the bench came in. Often times there was better play from bench players than starters (OG v Troy). We had Z coming off the bench and MB and JM and OG. All had a pivotal role in us wining the league championship. This year we have no playmakers off the bench besides JM or DD. I have been really upset in our latest recruiting class besides DD because the other two do not have a positive impact when they enter the game. If we want to have a chance to win anything this year we need guys to develop to have a bigger impact on the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

42 minutes ago, brandct said:

I think Blackmon's shooting ability and solid athleticism makes him a guy that won't get drafted, but follow the Troy Williams path.. He worked out for the NBA last year. 

2 hours ago, Whoozhers said:

Sorry..... But does anybody know why Btown banners is not showing my entire post? I typed 5 lines in two different posts but it only showed the last line in both posts......

I can see all  5 lines in both posts (Same 5 lines basically)

I think Blackmon's shooting ability and solid athleticism makes him a guy that won't get drafted, but follow the Troy Williams path.. He worked out for the NBA last year. 

I thought JBj's knee kept him from working out with teams. I know he talked but don't think he was able to do anything physical

24 minutes ago, andrewhoosier said:

The thing that concerns me about this team is the bench. Last year the reason why we were great was because there was never a drop off when the bench came in. Often times there was better play from bench players than starters (OG v Troy). We had Z coming off the bench and MB and JM and OG. All had a pivotal role in us wining the league championship. This year we have no playmakers off the bench besides JM or DD. I have been really upset in our latest recruiting class besides DD because the other two do not have a positive impact when they enter the game. If we want to have a chance to win anything this year we need guys to develop to have a bigger impact on the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Totally agree. The rotation goes 10 deep. And all 10 average double digit minutes per game. That doesn't make sense when you have 3 potential NBA caliber players on the team. Doesn't Crean pride himself on conditioning? There should be a core of 5 starters who see most of the minutes and maybe 3 others that get double digit minutes. Any person with half a brain can see what happens when you mix and match 15 different lineups. 

2 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

I thought JBj's knee kept him from working out with teams. I know he talked but don't think he was able to do anything physical

Pretty sure he declared for the draft without hiring an agent and was evaluated by teams, then decided to return to IU. 

This Should Be IU's "Final Four" Year.  I don't perceive the next couple of years as being nearly as deep & talented, as the present roster will, undoubtedly, be raided by the NBA.  I do wish Crean were more of a calming, "strategizing" force on the sideline. Additionally, frantically pulling reserves off the bench and placing them in a "must situation" is, more often, a formula for disaster.  IU has the talent and the passion for great things this season - what they need to develop is, the greatly missed, focus & heart of Yogi.

1 minute ago, Naismith said:

This Should Be IU's "Final Four" Year.  I don't perceive the next couple of years as being nearly as deep & talented, as the present roster will, undoubtedly, be raided by the NBA.  I do wish Crean were more of a calming, "strategizing" force on the sideline. Additionally, frantically pulling reserves off the bench and placing them in a "must situation" is, more often, a formula for disaster.  IU has the talent and the passion for great things this season - what they need to develop is, the greatly missed, focus & heart of Yogi.

I feel like last year, and the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 years should have been Final Four years too..

2 minutes ago, Baltimore Hoosier said:

I feel like last year, and the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 years should have been Final Four years too..

No one was beating UK in that Sweet 16 game.  At the time I thought a better draw would've done it, now well....

2012-2013 should've been.  That team was laughably unprepared for a zone, forget missing shots that team didn't do a darn thing to create a good look they just stood around hoping Syracuse would get lost.  Didn't attack the middle to force them to match up, slow ball reversals, it's like they were surprised Syracuse ran a zone.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

No one was beating UK in that Sweet 16 game.  At the time I thought a better draw would've done it, now well....

2012-2013 should've been.  That team was laughably unprepared for a zone, forget missing shots that team didn't do a darn thing to create a good look they just stood around hoping Syracuse would get lost.  Didn't attack the middle to force them to match up, slow ball reversals, it's like they were surprised Syracuse ran a zone.

Right.. Kentucky was a buzzsaw. IU had a Final Four team though. 

Pretty sure he declared for the draft without hiring an agent and was evaluated by teams, then decided to return to IU. 

He did declare, talked, but couldn't work out. He wasn't medically cleared until the end of summer. It was for feedback of what he needed to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

He did declare, talked, but couldn't work out. He wasn't medically cleared until the end of summer. It was for feedback of what he needed to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

That is what I thought. The feedback is good but sometimes players may not really see it until they get into the workouts.

I can see all  5 lines in both posts (Same 5 lines basically)

Stu..... Thanks for your reply/feedback. I don't understand it. Wonder why I can't see it? Oh well...

On to Indy & L'ville beat down!!