Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Indiana vs #17 MSU Game Thread (Oct. 1 - 8:00PM - BTN)

Since no one had started this topic I will go ahead and do it. After basically beating ourselves against Wake Forest last weekend, we open Big Ten Play against the Spartans who are coming off of a loss at home to Wisconsin. Vegas likes MSU by 7 and ESPN's Football Power Index gives IU a 39.9% chance of winning. S&P+ does give the Hoosiers a 56% chance of winning though. I say lets go and get that Old Brass Spittoon!!

13 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Where are some of the best spots in B-town to get IU gear? Looking to pick me up a new jacket before the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

TIS on 3rd street is always a safe bet.  There's a store on Indiana and Kirkwood and then a few more just down Kirkwood on both sides.  The IMU bookstore should be open but is usually the most expensive.

TIS on 3rd street is always a safe bet.  There's a store on Indiana and Kirkwood and then a few more just down Kirkwood on both sides.  The IMU bookstore should be open but is usually the most expensive.

Yep, the ones on Kirkwood are good options.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I SO hope we can win this game. Would gladly take a prediction league loss to see our Hoosiers triumphant. We need a win like this soon.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Truth, need that big win, especially at home, so fans can get excited and talk about "I was in the student section when..."  It will help this year but will also help in future years. 

You have different level of fans. 

-  Fans that will go to a game no matter what (weather, success of team, time of kickoff)

-  Fans that will go to a game most of the time (good weather/bad team, bad weather/good team,  early game/good team, etc.)

-  Fans that will go to a game only when the conditions are right (good weather, good team, right time)

Obviously, the more winning a team does the more fans will show up.  However, there are key moments when you can turn fair weather fans into casual fans and casual fans into hardcore fans.  This is one of those games that could do that.  HOOSIERS!!