Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

College Football Thread

17 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

We hate Purdue fans because we're supposed to. And they stink! But overall, seem like pretty reasonable people outside of the crazies.

I've never met a Michigan fan that I could stand to talk college sports with for more than about 5 minutes. And I don't know which is worse between the Walmart Wolverines or the alums. Both have plenty of faults.

Yeah, and it sucks because now they actually won a title.

Before, they'd flap their gums and puff their chest out despite the fact they had never really won anything, other than the split title in 1997. It was easy to point out that glaring weakness on their resume. Plus, OSU had owned them in the 21st century. 

Guess I'll have to get used to seeing plenty more UM gear up here in northern Indiana. 

3 minutes ago, AKHoosier said:

Yeah, and it sucks because now they actually won a title.

Before, they'd flap their gums and puff their chest out despite the fact they had never really won anything, other than the split title in 1997. It was easy to point out that glaring weakness on their resume. Plus, OSU had owned them in the 21st century. 

Guess I'll have to get used to seeing plenty more UM gear up here in northern Indiana. 

Godspeed.

I'm glad to know IUFB played in the toughest division and lost to the best team in the country. I'm looking forward to the expanded playoff to shut up ESPN and folks like Finebaum about their beloved SEC. I'm predicting less titles from the SEC going forward. 

23 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

We hate Purdue fans because we're supposed to. And they stink! But overall, seem like pretty reasonable people outside of the crazies.

I've never met a Michigan fan that I could stand to talk college sports with for more than about 5 minutes. And I don't know which is worse between the Walmart Wolverines or the alums. Both have plenty of faults.

One of my lifelong best friends is absolutely die hard Michigan. Born and bred in Indiana, still living in Indiana, idk. Something bit him when we were kids. He could care less about IU and Purdoo. 

I guess that's why I don't identify with people saying how terrible the UM fans are. Don't get me wrong - he can talk his trash with no qualms. But I definitely don't see them worse than Purdoo or UK fans. 

7 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

One of my lifelong best friends is absolutely die hard Michigan. Born and bred in Indiana, still living in Indiana, idk. Something bit him when we were kids. He could care less about IU and Purdoo. 

I guess that's why I don't identify with people saying how terrible the UM fans are. Don't get me wrong - he can talk his trash with no qualms. But I definitely don't see them worse than Purdoo or UK fans. 

Hyperbole is my brand, so of course not ALL of them are terrible people with no redeeming qualities, but I'm in the same boat as you with a longtime dear friend being a diehard UM fan and we have (not so peacefully) agreed to not really talk about our teams.

I know approximately 3 UK/PU fans. You might notice I hate everything about Illinois with the fire of a thousand suns. Depends on where you grew up/who you interact with for sure.

31 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Hyperbole is my brand, so of course not ALL of them are terrible people with no redeeming qualities, but I'm in the same boat as you with a longtime dear friend being a diehard UM fan and we have (not so peacefully) agreed to not really talk about our teams.

I know approximately 3 UK/PU fans. You might notice I hate everything about Illinois with the fire of a thousand suns. Depends on where you grew up/who you interact with for sure.

The fire of a thousand suns? Hyperbole? Nah. Lol. 

My boss is an Illinois native and fan. Someday when I give him my notice I'm tipping over his Illinois bobble head on my way out, just for you. 

I'm glad to know IUFB played in the toughest division and lost to the best team in the country. I'm looking forward to the expanded playoff to shut up ESPN and folks like Finebaum about their beloved SEC. I'm predicting less titles from the SEC going forward. 
I don't know if that will play out, but it will be great to see the on campus games in the Round of 12 and see an SEC team have to play in the North for once and in real elements. It's easier to win bowl games in nice/controlled weather and in most cases within a few hours drive of your school and alumni base.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I don't like the expanded playoff, except maybe to 6 teams max. There is no reason the #9 or #12 team in the country deserve a shot at the title. Cheapens the regular season. 2nd tier of teams should shut up and go to the Outback Bowl. But if the result is less of the insuferable SEC winning titles, I'll take it. 

37 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I don't like the expanded playoff, except maybe to 6 teams max. There is no reason the #9 or #12 team in the country deserve a shot at the title. Cheapens the regular season. 2nd tier of teams should shut up and go to the Outback Bowl. But if the result is less of the insuferable SEC winning titles, I'll take it. 

Maybe so, but the more meaningful postseason games, the better. Especially with the regular bowl season being so terrible now. 

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

If it were up to me I'd make it a 68 team playoff! LOL

9 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Coach Cig is a former Saban assistant.

'Bama will probably go after him. 

We'd better up his buyout -- say, to $20M-plus ... 

Saban is gonna get another couple dozen coaches 5 extra years on their deals and 100% more salary

12 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Wow! New era of CFB about to start between this and 12 teams in CFP next year. Do they go after Kirby? 

Kirby played at UGA. No shot he leaves imo and I don’t see a reason to.

Lanning, Freeman (doubt), Dabo (LOL), Norvell all seem like varying degrees of obvious candidates. There are others, but I’m sending an entire bank vault to Eugene.

Whoever it is will be simultaneously stepping into one of the best and most impossible jobs in the sport. Following Saban? At Bama? No thanks dude.