Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Raleigh, N.C. – Governor Pat McCrory released the following statement on the NBA's decision about the 2017 All-Star game:

"The sports and entertainment elite, Attorney General Roy Cooper and the liberal media have for months misrepresented our laws and maligned the people of North Carolina simply because most people believe boys and girls should be able to use school bathrooms, locker rooms and showers without the opposite sex present. Twenty-one other states have joined North Carolina to challenge the federal overreach by the Obama administration mandating their bathroom policies in all businesses and schools instead of allowing accommodations for unique circumstances. Left-wing special interest groups have no moral authority to try and intimidate the large majority of American parents who agree in common-sense bathroom and shower privacy for our children. American families should be on notice that the selective corporate elite are imposing their political will on communities in which they do business, thus bypassing the democratic and legal process."

Raleigh, N.C. – Governor Pat McCrory released the following statement on the NBA's decision about the 2017 All-Star game:

"The sports and entertainment elite, Attorney General Roy Cooper and the liberal media have for months misrepresented our laws and maligned the people of North Carolina simply because most people believe boys and girls should be able to use school bathrooms, locker rooms and showers without the opposite sex present. Twenty-one other states have joined North Carolina to challenge the federal overreach by the Obama administration mandating their bathroom policies in all businesses and schools instead of allowing accommodations for unique circumstances. Left-wing special interest groups have no moral authority to try and intimidate the large majority of American parents who agree in common-sense bathroom and shower privacy for our children. American families should be on notice that the selective corporate elite are imposing their political will on communities in which they do business, thus bypassing the democratic and legal process."

What an incredibly obnoxious statement. Businesses are allowed to do what the NBA did. Welcome to America.

What an incredibly obnoxious statement. Businesses are allowed to do what the NBA did. Welcome to America.

I agree. Just like a private Christian business should be able to refuse to make a cake if it's against their Christian beliefs. Welcome to America.

Sent from my XT1575 using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree. Just like a private Christian business should be able to refuse to make a cake if it's against their Christian beliefs. Welcome to America.

Different question. Private businesses are not allowed to refuse service based on exclusion of a protected class. Even private businesses can't say "My religion dictates that I exclude people based on race, religion, or sexual orientation."

This governor knows that the NBA All-Star game is not a "protected class ".

."

I just find it curious that the NBA moves the all star game to protest a law that they believe discriminates against lgbt individuals, but then opens up stores in countries where lgbt people are executed. It makes it seem like they don't actually care about the community, just their bottom line, but that's a discussion for another day. 

5 minutes ago, bhaggard89 said:

Anyone in support of this bill and the NC governor needs to rethink their values.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Why is that? Personally what bathroom someone uses is the least of my concerns, but some people have, in their opinion, very legitimate reasons for supporting the bill. 

Anyone in support of this bill and the NC governor needs to rethink their values.

This seems like a legit reason.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/13/transgender-person-arrested-for-taking-pictures-of-woman-in-target-dressing-room/

57 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Different question. Private businesses are not allowed to refuse service based on exclusion of a protected class. Even private businesses can't say "My religion dictates that I exclude people based on race, religion, or sexual orientation."

This governor knows that the NBA All-Star game is not a "protected class ".

."

Thanks Stu.  Legit question.  Can private businesses legally choose to not serve based on something that isn't 'protected'?  Say, height or baldness, or etc?  Meaning, it's legally ok to discriminate as long as it's not against a protected class?

Thanks Stu.  Legit question.  Can private businesses legally choose to not serve based on something that isn't 'protected'?  Say, height or baldness, or etc?  Meaning, it's legally ok to discriminate as long as it's not against a protected class?

Sure can! Senior housing, income tested job headhunters, etc.

Not technically discrimination if it's not a protected class, but it often would be public relations suicide for a business to ban people for non-protected reasons .

Hope they don't start banning baldies...I'd be in trouble!

Just sayin'... In my opinion, there really isn't a super comfortable place for a really dolled up drag queen to use a public bathroom without one gender or the other getting a bit spun up.

For that matter, if it was a transgender woman instead of a transgender man that had been taking voyeuristic photos in the woman's bathroom, would that be any less nasty?

Yeah, because no one of the opposite sex has ever been caught doing this. Such a half ass excuse to support this legislation.

Yeah, because no one of the opposite sex has ever been caught doing this. Such a half ass excuse to support this legislation.

So you want to give people that would do that free reign into that bathroom? Based on your responses in this thread and the other you're the type that only wants to hear people's opinions if they line up with yours. Correct? Correct(went ahead and answered my own question). Why is it you can give your opinion but if anyone disagrees they are either "ignorant" or giving "half ass" excuses.

So you want to give people that would do that free reign into that bathroom? Based on your responses in this thread and the other you're the type that only wants to hear people's opinions if they line up with yours. Correct? Correct(went ahead and answered my own question). Why is it you can give your opinion but if anyone disagrees they are either "ignorant" or giving "half ass" excuses.

No, I just don't like closed minded people. Too many butt hurt christians in here.

It almost always seems like the "open minded" people are the first ones to shut down discussion with buzzwords like close minded, bigot, racist, etc. when an opinion they disagree with is mentioned. No one's comments here have really come off as "butthurt" to me. 

8 minutes ago, bhaggard89 said:

No, I just don't like closed minded people. Too many butt hurt christians in here.

Look, I'm with you but there is a more civil way to convey this message and try to reach an actual understanding. No need to be condescending/accusatory. Not just you, others also but I'm about the least comfortable in doing my actual duty of moderating here so...as you were :)