Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

OG vs Troy - Who Should Start

Who Should Start?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who Should Start At The Three Spot?

• Troy
    • OG

Im just hoping as a romantic fan that Troy is about to seriously turn it on... I mean he has to at some point, right? And him turning it on in about 2 games is exactly what this team could use. The realist in me just thinks he has no business in the NBA and he still hasn't figured out how to just shoot a 10 foot jumper. It's all 3 and all dunk and circus shots for him.

Im in the camp that think Troy combined with a 2nd year OG, Bryant and Davis is along with Blackmon providing jumpers is a KILLER squad

He got worked, and I mean WORKED by Hayes. Saying he got his ankles broken doesn't co.e close. Hayes took dudes spine out. The effort and IQ are there, the athleticism And talent are not. I too believe OG should get his shot for Hartman instead of TDUB.

My thoughts exactly, it's definitely not lack of effort, he just isn't athletic and has no quickness or foot speed. He gets worked a lot, and it was even more so in this game.

Late to the party here guys, but I think OG should start with Troy Williams. OG does so many things well, that we have to give him more minutes than we are giving him now. He actually helps Troy out tremendously by being on the court at the same time. It opens driving lanes and sometimes leaves the rim unprotected. This lineup is the lineup that I think can take us deepest in March.

He got worked, and I mean WORKED by Hayes. Saying he got his ankles broken doesn't co.e close. Hayes took dudes spine out. The effort and IQ are there, the athleticism And talent are not. I too believe OG should get his shot for Hartman instead of TDUB.

Well that's not saying much considering every player on the team and their mothers got worked by Hayes.

They just need to have him watch tape of the Illinois game before every game from here on out. 0 turnovers and 21 points - that's the Troy we want to see. I agree with what others have said - first bad turnover or first time he is beat on defense - bring in OG. With Troy's athleticism, if he was half as dedicated to D as Oladipo was, he would be a top 5 pick.

To me, the second unit is Yogi, Nick, OG, Max, and whoever else. I like OG with the second unit better. He doesn't feel like he has to do too much and he is with other cerebral players that won't put him in bad situations with poor in-game decisions.

Just my $.02.

You would think that maybe you would look up simple facts before you try to make people believe what you want.  Collin has fouled out of one game this year...one. If you don't get Collin's game, you should be a UK fan.  He does the dirty work and has to guard the others teams best forward.  Collin is always the guy blocking the other team out when someone else gets the rebound. That never shows up in the stats, but people that know basketball see it.  Shows what you know...... Please quit being an IU fan. You are just bringing the board down.

Troy belongs in the starting lineup. His rebounding and different weapons, (besides driving into a turnover), are really crucial to starting the game with a speedy and elusive momentum. OG is going to be an animal, but let him work his way into these "keyholes" that IU may need off the bench. He's more of a traditional post than Troy, for sure. It's fits IUs style to start Troy.

You would think that maybe you would look up simple facts before you try to make people believe what you want.  Collin has fouled out of one game this year...one. If you don't get Collin's game, you should be a UK fan.  He does the dirty work and has to guard the others teams best forward.  Collin is always the guy blocking the other team out when someone else gets the rebound. That never shows up in the stats, but people that know basketball see it.  Shows what you know...... Please quit being an IU fan. You are just bringing the board down.

Chill mikey. Hartman has not looked any where close to as good as last year. 

Who starts?  OG or Troy? Makes me no difference as long as they both get time-----both have been and will continue to be game changers. (Notre Dame--Troy says hi!)

What a two-headed athletic monster they bring to the IU lineup. 

OG certainly softens the blow of the loss of Troy's athleticism next year if Troy jumps to the NBA or overseas.

Who starts? OG or Troy? Makes me no difference as long as they both get time-----both have been and will continue to be game changers. (Notre Dame--Troy says hi!)

What a two-headed athletic monster they bring to the IU lineup.

OG certainly softens the blow of the loss of Troy's athleticism next year if Troy jumps to the NBA or overseas.

I think the NBA is no longer a viable option.