Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) G/F Damezi Anderson to Detroit Mercy

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Halftime and Elkhart Memorial leads SB Riley 38-35.   Damezi with 6 pts.

They're playing like crap. Damezi included.

They've developed the annoying habit of going thru the motions in first halfs and then coming out and switching gears. Gonna bite em sooner or later.

36 minutes ago, johnsoniu said:

They're playing like crap. Damezi included.

They've developed the annoying habit of going thru the motions in first halfs and then coming out and switching gears. Gonna bite em sooner or later.

Trevor Andershock had the same thing to say at the end of the 1st half - Hmm. Interesting, but not a shock.... here's where Riley excels... rested from game one, ready to blitz with depth final 16, if they follow the formula they've used lately.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Trevor Andershock had the same thing to say at the end of the 1st half - Hmm. Interesting, but not a shock.... here's where Riley excels... rested from game one, ready to blitz with depth final 16, if they follow the formula they've used lately.

Yep, and its annoying as hell lol.

SB Riley advances with a 75-68 win over Elkhart Memorial and will face Carmel next weekend.  Anderson with 18 or 19 pts. depending upon which twitter account you want to believe.  And in tonight's game, Damezi became the all-time St. Joseph County scoring leader.

3 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

A bit disconcerting as Damezi didn't have a really strong regional performance even though Riley won and today he's been almost invisible.  In his defense, Carmel pretty much did the same thing to Keion Brooks last Saturday.

He stands around a lot.  Whether it's by design or not, I don't know; but he's not yet anywhere near active enough to be effective at the college level.

Just 6 points today, would have liked to see him come up bigger today.

He'll be a good player for us in a few years, but he won't be ready next year.  He's billed as being a shooter but he doesn't seem to take great shots all the time.

I really hope we get Romeo + a grad transfer Sanford from Toledo or Taylor from Evansville.

10 minutes ago, Old Friend said:

He stands around a lot.  Whether it's by design or not, I don't know; but he's not yet anywhere near active enough to be effective at the college level.

I noticed that too. I watched one possession (I know, just one) where he parked at the elbow and literally didn’t move for about 15 seconds until a rebound came right to him and then he immediately stepped back and jacked up a fadeaway 3 that didn’t draw rim. 

Not drawing any conclusions based on that, but it wasn’t good. 

46 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I noticed that too. I watched one possession (I know, just one) where he parked at the elbow and literally didn’t move for about 15 seconds until a rebound came right to him and then he immediately stepped back and jacked up a fadeaway 3 that didn’t draw rim. 

Not drawing any conclusions based on that, but it wasn’t good. 

I've noticed his shooting mechanics aren't consistent either. Sometimes he barely even jumps when he shoots, sometime he has a more normal shot.