Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

B10 Basketball Recruiting Thread

CRAZY

Right I can’t imagine too many people letting that slide. I didn’t see it so I don’t know who. But I have seen some pretty big sunshine pumpers and they wouldn’t. It’s almost impossible with the modern level of talent as is. Completely ignorant whoever said that and I would be shocked if they weren’t called out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Corey Evans - 2019 wing Cole Bajema just committed to Michigan. Break out in July that brings size, athleticism and shot making to Ann Arbor. Some Nik Stauskas with his game and skillset.
6'7" SF from Lynden, WA

They have another 6’6” wing guard Jalen Wilson??

I love their freshman Brandon Johns and Ignas Brazdeikas.

They will stay towards the top.

2019 prospect Terrance Shannon Jr. has committed to DePaul
Tough week for the Illini fans. Shannon was arguably their top prospect that they actually had a chance to land

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners
If I recall Shannon played for Chicago Fire , the same team Ayo played for. I also recall Illinois pulling the offer from Thalen Horten Tucker the day he was going to commit because Ayo's camp said they would probably lose Ayo's commitment. Apparently there was a feud between the Ayo and THT camps. The coaching staff caved to the Ayo camp in the Hope's of landing more Fire players. I know this is only one commitment, but I dont think it will work out.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Underwood is running out of time to change momentum. 

Let's hope they give him about four more years to (not) figure it out!  

Let the dumpster fire burn itself out, I say. 

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Let's hope they give him about four more years to (not) figure it out!  

Let the dumpster fire burn itself out, I say. 

I’m the other way. I hope the Admin/alumni get antsy and pull the trigger ASAP. Definitely a mess at the moment. But the guy is a flat out elite bench coach and the longer they give him,  the more likely he is to become a problem for us. Thought he outcoached Archie in both games last year, and I don’t mean that as criticism of Archie. I just think Underwood is great strategically and his teams really compete.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

I’m the other way. I hope the Admin/alumni get antsy and pull the trigger ASAP. Definitely a mess at the moment. But the guy is a flat out elite bench coach and the longer they give him,  the more likely he is to become a problem for us. Thought he outcoached Archie in both games last year, and I don’t mean that as criticism of Archie. I just think Underwood is great strategically and his teams really compete.

Seems to me that Underwood is a very effective in-game coach and motivator, but that the word has gotten out among high-level players that he is NOT a guy that kids want to play for.

In a low talent, mid-level conference scenario that can be very effective; every school is rolling the dice on underrecruited players in those conferences.

In the B1G? His 300+ ranked big men will likely get handled by most teams, and that will only exacerbate the tension and Underwood’s jerkiness.

To me he is Tom Crean. Recruits wtf are we doing recruits and can motivate people. Also can have a good game plan against certain coaches. Kind of like Crean against Beilein.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Seems to me that Underwood is a very effective in-game coach and motivator, but that the word has gotten out among high-level players that he is NOT a guy that kids want to play for.
In a low talent, mid-level conference scenario that can be very effective; every school is rolling the dice on underrecruited players in those conferences.
In the B1G? His 300+ ranked big men will likely get handled by most teams, and that will only exacerbate the tension and Underwood’s jerkiness.

He was getting talent at his previous gig. And Dosunmu is an incredible talent. Hopefully whatever the word is going around that is plaguing him continues to do so. He must be ruffling some feathers though because he seems to be struggling recruiting and holding talent as of late.

He was getting talent at his previous gig. And Dosunmu is an incredible talent. Hopefully whatever the word is going around that is plaguing him continues to do so. He must be ruffling some feathers though because he seems to be struggling recruiting and holding talent as of late.

My mistake, he walked into that talent at OSU. Was incredible at SFA. Does sound a little like Crean after all, but a better coach, lesser recruiter. I was thinking he gathered up that OSU talent.

7 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

My mistake, he walked into that talent at OSU. Was incredible at SFA. Does sound a little like Crean after all, but a better coach, lesser recruiter. I was thinking he gathered up that OSU talent.

I get the feeling  that Crean is a way way nicer guy. 

I really feel it was the Ayo/THT situation.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I get the feeling  that Crean is a way way nicer guy. 

I tend to agree with this. The days of “Generals” is going away but there are so many examples of this over the top, iron sharpens iron coaching philosophy that seems to work on a certain level. In football and basketball. (I don’t want to get into a “this generation is soft” debate. Because I think both sides of this argument have valid points.

I think Archie feels like he has a great balance of being a player coach but also a guy that demands his coaching expectations. It’s a big reason why I think Archie can do big things.

I tend to agree with this. The days of “Generals” is going away but there are so many examples of this over the top, iron sharpens iron coaching philosophy that seems to work on a certain level. In football and basketball. (I don’t want to get into a “this generation is soft” debate. Because I think both sides of this argument have valid points.

I think Archie feels like he has a great balance of being a player coach but also a guy that demands his coaching expectations. It’s a big reason why I think Archie can do big things.

Not speaking at you Fleek but it's a general leadership quality. If I knew my supervisor/teammates had my back I'd do whatever needed to be done for the good of all involved. There's a balance between caring enough to push someone to that next level and just being a Richard. It sounds like he might be more of the Richard.