Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

weaverswonders6

Travel Thread

We would like to go back...we have been to Germany 3 or 4 times now, it is our favorite European country, but on our travels, the Europeans always ask us if we have been to California and we have to tell them no, so we decided to hit up the west coast this year.

Yea, there's many places in the USA I've yet to visit, but I'm far more intrigued with the rest of the world. Germany is in my top 3 & try going every other year. Iceland now up there too for adventure! :-)

Yea, there's many places in the USA I've yet to visit, but I'm far more intrigued with the rest of the world. Germany is in my top 3 & try going every other year. Iceland now up there too for adventure! :-)

Agreed...basically my philosophy is, if its on the map, I want to go there.

Awesome pics...just WOW! 

And Delta medallion is easier to get. Got free upgrades for fiance and myself to comfort+ on trip from Atl to NYC and NYC to Iceland and back

I don't know about easier (you must have a job where you travel a lot...although you would think that with as much flying as I do, my status would be more than silver)...but I got 5 of us upgraded to comfort+ for our flight to Frankfurt and back last September/October.    

I don't know about easier (you must have a job where you travel a lot...although you would think that with as much flying as I do, my status would be more than silver)...but I got 5 of us upgraded to comfort+ for our flight to Frankfurt and back last September/October.

I fly a decent bit for work..not a ton, but enough to supplement my vacation flying. Combined with the platinum delta Alex and it's not hard to hit gold. My fiance just had work trip to Philippines and hit silver for this year on that one flight with business class seating

I traveled the USA for 7 years, spent a lot of time in every state (except them weird ones...Alaska and Hawaii).  It was a great seven years just after IU and I feel like it really opened my eyes to America as a whole.  I really need to get to those last two, but with a baby I don't see that happening soon. 

Wherever I was, I was the guy from out of town that everybody liked to show around their town.  From tuna fishing 100 miles off the coast to vip seats at the infield, I've seen America.  I'm sheltered worldwide though, only been to Bahamas and Niagra Falls outside of the USA

First time in Pacific Northwest! Staying on a little island named Vashon, directly between Seattle and Tacoma. They’re still doing carry out only and no retail stores are open. We’ve driven through many parks (Northern Cascades is the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen). Pretty easy to social distance- entire island is 10k people. Everyone is amazingly nice! As always, I’ve met Hoosier fans on this trip (always wear something IU).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

First time in Pacific Northwest! Staying on a little island named Vashon, directly between Seattle and Tacoma. They’re still doing carry out only and no retail stores are open. We’ve driven through many parks (Northern Cascades is the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen). Pretty easy to social distance- entire island is 10k people. Everyone is amazingly nice! As always, I’ve met Hoosier fans on this trip (always wear something IU).

Love the PNW, great people! Have a good time brother.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Anyone have any day trip recommendations from Indy area? Thought about hitting the dunes. Have hit McCormicks Creek. Wondering what else to consider

14 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Anyone have any day trip recommendations from Indy area? Thought about hitting the dunes. Have hit McCormicks Creek. Wondering what else to consider

Drove by McCormick’s Creek today and the line was out on 46 coming from both ways to get in. Never seen that before. 

36 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

French Lick and West Baden Springs are pretty unique places to see and some nice driving scenery in that part of the state.  Also number of wineries if you're into that sort of thing.  

A lot of the smaller Indiana colleges have some really nice campuses and you'd have the grounds pretty much to yourself for walking tours.  And that college campus in Bloomington is always worth a visit!!

If you decide on the Dunes, I'd suggest adding a visit to New Buffalo, MI at the marina.  Normally, you'd see some very large and very expensive boats at the dock although not sure with the current COVID-19 situation and I think Michigan is under even a stricter lockdown mode.  

If you have kids and depending on their ages, a trip to Fair Oaks Farm on I-65 north of Laffyette might be interesting.  

French Lick and West Baden Springs are pretty unique places to see and some nice driving scenery in that part of the state.  Also number of wineries if you're into that sort of thing.  
A lot of the smaller Indiana colleges have some really nice campuses and you'd have the grounds pretty much to yourself for walking tours.  And that college campus in Bloomington is always worth a visit!!
If you decide on the Dunes, I'd suggest adding a visit to New Buffalo, MI at the marina.  Normally, you'd see some very large and very expensive boats at the dock although not sure with the current COVID-19 situation and I think Michigan is under even a stricter lockdown mode.  
If you have kids and depending on their ages, a trip to Fair Oaks Farm on I-65 north of Laffyette might be interesting.  

About the way to stay at West Baden right now is if you’re golfing. They are keeping it pretty tight down there. French Lick is completely closed to all guest. Even I am not allowed back yet as an employee.

We would have some kids. Good ideas though. Thanks

On 5/30/2020 at 7:06 PM, 8bucks said:

My wife and I went to Mounds State Park yesterday. Not very big, but pretty cool experience. There are ancient (150 B.C.) native american structures, decent trails (I'd recommend the boardwalk, trail 2), and its a pretty short drive. You may have already been, but being from Southern Indiana I hadn't and really enjoyed myself. 

Anybody have any recommendations for kayaking? We bought some that should be delivered this week and want to take them out this weekend. We were thinking summit lake state park (we are wanting to go to all the state parks) but I haven't heard anything about it.

1 hour ago, Andowen1990IU said:

Anybody have any recommendations for kayaking? We bought some that should be delivered this week and want to take them out this weekend. We were thinking summit lake state park (we are wanting to go to all the state parks) but I haven't heard anything about it.

Chain O' Lakes State Park in NE Indiana is a very nice place for small boaters. Sounds like it might be a long trip for you to get there, but it's a great park to visit. A number of small lakes with connecting channels.

Here's a DNR link:  https://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2987.htm