Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

weaverswonders6

Travel Thread

Most of my travels are business related. I've seen a lot of the states but never been outside of the country. I recently engaged in talks with a company that is headquartered in Lima Peru and has another large facility in Santiago Chile. I am in the process of scheduling that trip. I cant wait. I'm a big seafood guy and I've heard Lima Peru rivals no one in that regard.

I loved Lima when I went, though it was a few years ago now. Man, a lot of few years ago since it was before I was married. It was such a fun city to be in. Try and coordinate with someone who is local to show you around. They'll have the good leads on where to find what you want, and it can be hard otherwise. There was this amazing all-you-can-eat sushi place where I may have consumed my weight in the best sushi I've ever had. Plus, all the standard local foods.

It would be so much fun to go back. Especially because I'm not super poor anymore. And flights are only a little more expensive than what I pay to see my stupid family. Too bad my wife is very afraid of flying.

Taking a cruise for the first time over Christmas break. Miami to Key West then Cancun. Should be interesting.

Wife travels fairly regular for work. She has been to China several times and goes to San Fran quarterly. I can can tag along for free but have no desire to go to either of those stops.

Taking a cruise for the first time over Christmas break. Miami to Key West then Cancun. Should be interesting.

Wife travels fairly regular for work. She has been to China several times and goes to San Fran quarterly. I can can tag along for free but have no desire to go to either of those stops.

I highly recommend San Fran. Always wanted to go to Hong Kong. I've heard it called "New York on steroids without all of the anxiety and anger."  Sounds like a blast. Best skyline in the world IMO.

Got kicked out of the seats we paid extra for because the kid was too young for the airbag that they didn't bother to give us notice about. Good start. Hopefully this is the only Airbus A320 since we intentionally picked those seats on all four flights.

Update: Lied about her age on the next flight and they commented she looked awfully small. Hey guys, you ain't the cops. She is an official Junior Deputy according to the TSA sticker.

Update. Hour and a half delay sitting on the Tarmac. At midnight.

13 hours since I boarded the first plane. No one has slept. Never again.

2 hours later and I have yet to do anything other than sit in a different mode of transportation.

Crisis update: the Niners game is not being broadcast in this area.

Most of my travels are business related. I've seen a lot of the states but never been outside of the country. I recently engaged in talks with a company that is headquartered in Lima Peru and has another large facility in Santiago Chile. I am in the process of scheduling that trip. I cant wait. I'm a big seafood guy and I've heard Lima Peru rivals no one in that regard.

This ever happen?

We do Germany at least every other year. Finally made it to Oktoberfest last year in Munich, Stuttgart, and Hanover. We have lots of friends there, so makes visiting easier. Agree that it's one of my favorite places on earth.

Did Germany for 10 days last year and hit up Oktoberfest as well...it was pure chaos. 

Went to Stuttgart and the Canstatter Volksfest...you ever been?  If we go back we are skipping Oktoberfest and hitting up the Volksfest instead.  More locals, not as crazy...we had a great time.

Did Germany for 10 days last year and hit up Oktoberfest as well...it was pure chaos.

Went to Stuttgart and the Canstatter Volksfest...you ever been? If we go back we are skipping Oktoberfest and hitting up the Volksfest instead. More locals, not as crazy...we had a great time.

I've not, tho I even enjoyed Stuttgart Oktoberfest much more than Munich since more locals there! :-)

Nice, I have the same setup. Did you do some editing? The colors are really nice in your shots.

the first 4 and last one edited on phone with ps. The horse, northern lights and ship looking ice didn't have any. Honestly, the glacial ice is so blue, it doesn't need much, if any

I've not, tho I even enjoyed Stuttgart Oktoberfest much more than Munich since more locals there! :-)

If you went to the "Stuttgart Oktoberfest" in late September/early October, then you were at the Volksfest.  Stuttgart does not have an "Oktoberfest".  

But yeah, we enjoyed that much more than Oktoberfest in Munich.  

If you went to the "Stuttgart Oktoberfest" in late September/early October, then you were at the Volksfest. Stuttgart does not have an "Oktoberfest".

But yeah, we enjoyed that much more than Oktoberfest in Munich.

Yup, same here. I'll prob be back to Germany this year, tho after Oktoberfest

Yup, same here. I'll prob be back to Germany this year, tho after Oktoberfest

We would like to go back...we have been to Germany 3 or 4 times now, it is our favorite European country, but on our travels, the Europeans always ask us if we have been to California and we have to tell them no, so we decided to hit up the west coast this year.