Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) LB Bryant Fitzgerald to IU

Avon High is a place Indiana has been able to go and recruit talent the last few years. The Hoosiers signed one Oriole in Joe Belden last year and also have offensive lineman DeAndre Herron, an alum who came to IU after going the JUCO route.

Now they have struck first in the recruitment of rising junior outside linebacker Bryant Fitzgerald, an aggressive run defender who had 77 tackles a year ago. He says he is hearing from Iowa, Boston College, Cincinnati and Maryland as well, but Indiana is his first offer.

"It feels really great to have my first offer especially from my hometown school," he said.

Being close and having former teammates in Bloomington has allowed Fitzgerald to become familiar with the school despite only going into his junior season.

"I've been to IU a lot and I really love the campus and school. They have great facilities and coaches."

2 of the best defensive teams in college football and us....wow that's impressive. I'm assuming playing time was important obviously.

Yeah my brother is 2 years older. But got to play with him and I've seen him play. Dude is an athlete and freak of nature. He may get two more stars. Kids can play anywhere on the field. Apparently I guess he told the Avon coaches that we were third and LSU and MSU were front runners (this was recent I guess as well) so not sure what went down to get him. But I'm happy and I hope we can keep this commit

For sure, he's going to be a good one.  I don't doubt that he'll get some big time offers before it's all said and done.  I just hope that he remembers that we showed him love when no one else was.

Yeah my brother is 2 years older. But got to play with him and I've seen him play. Dude is an athlete and freak of nature. He may get two more stars. Kids can play anywhere on the field. Apparently I guess he told the Avon coaches that we were third and LSU and MSU were front runners (this was recent I guess as well) so not sure what went down to get him. But I'm happy and I hope we can keep this commit

I don't know how I didn't realize this until now but I played against this guy. The dude was super athletic and tough as hell to block! Dog on the turf. This is a awesome get if we can keep him!