Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Calipari a little nervous after missing out on all those top recruits?

We've been saying this all season long. Have no idea why that's a surprise. Would you like to be a first round draft pick after a year playing 20 minutes a game at Kentucky or be a first round pick playing 30+ at any other school.

Answer is simple to me.

i wonder if winning it all and going undefeated would of made a difference in some of the top players decisions. Hard to sell the platoon route when you don't produce a national title but if you win it all... I'm not sure what would happen then

If Skal doesn't qualify they will "only" have four McD AAs in their lineup (one will be a gimpy Poythress) and they will be in big trouble. Really thin bench already.

I was just about to say the same thing about Skal. His case is still under investigation with the NCAA and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets declared ineligible.

I was just about to say the same thing about Skal. His case is still under investigation with the NCAA and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets declared ineligible.

Well Skal was not a MCAA, so with or without him they would only have 4.  Of course it was not for lack of talent that he was not a MCAA

If Skal doesn't qualify they will "only" have four McD AAs in their lineup (one will be a gimpy Poythress) and they will be in big trouble. Really thin bench already.

So it's either 4 or 5 McD AA's...and he's singing the blues.  Sounds like he knows his coaching is below level, but he's trying to blame it on recruiting.

Perhaps another theory is that the top recruits see that they can go to Kentucky and get drafted first round...or they can go where they're the focal point of the team and get drafted top 10.  Top recruits have been getting drafted lower than expected after going to Kentucky.  

Either way it's good for basketball.  Cal = fraud.

Hopefully the Cavs gets knocked out of the playoffs soon, Blatt gets fired and Calipari becomes their next coach. Losing seven players to the NBA along with bringing in his lowest ranked recruiting class could push him in that direction.

Cal tried the NBA. He can't compete unless he has the undeniable talent advantage. I would like to see him relegated to coaching in Vietnam so I wouldn't have to see or hear about him.

Well Skal was not a MCAA, so with or without him they would only have 4.  Of course it was not for lack of talent that he was not a MCAA

My comment had nothing to do with him being a McDonalds AA….

I have a feeling this upcoming season will be like the 2012-2013 season for Kentucky. What's gonna be there starting lineup, Ulis, Briscoe, Matthews, Skal, and Marcus Lee? I'm not worried about the Cats.

Skal may end up with eligibility issues, I've seen mention that Matthews has slipped since his commitment and is only a top 50 freshman, Ullis is excellent but may be exposed to much greater pressure due to the departures, and Marcus Lee hasn't played more than 10 minutes a game and hardly produced, granted he was surrounded by much more talent. Briscoe is legit.

This squad has talent for sure. But they are going to be raw. I don't know why so many see them as a top 5 team.