Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bryan Medema

Coaching Carousel

Figure the transfer/early entry board needs a companion- Post coaching moves here.

-Chris Mullins to St. Johns (confirmed)
-Rick Barnes out from Texas (confirmed); Rumored for Tennessee
-Shaka Smart rumored for Texas

Happy to hear Mullins is getting a shot at his alma mater.

Wasn't Tenn speakng with him? He's from the south.

I did read his name in connection to the UT job before this. It may have just been that they were interested in him. I have no idea if the interest was reciprocal. Didn't he used to be at Gardner Webb?

I did read his name in connection to the UT job before this. It may have just been that they were interested in him. I have no idea if the interest was reciprocal. Didn't he used to be at Gardner Webb?

Yes, he left to become an assistant at Butler which turned out to be an excellent move. Did the real story ever come out about the coach who resigned at Butler?

Wasn't Tenn speakng with him? He's from the south.

That was the rumor.  At the very least it provided Holtmann with some very strong negotiating leverage.  But since Butler is my second favorite school, I'm glad he's staying.   Because it's a private school Butler doesn't have to release salary figures but I think from what I've heard that its head coaching salary has been towards the bottom of the Big East pay scale.

Yes, he left to become an assistant at Butler which turned out to be an excellent move. Did the real story ever come out about the coach who resigned at Butler?

To the best of my knowledge it has been well-guarded.  Rumors that probably have a certain degree of accuracy but nothing concrete enough for me to consider posting.

My younger sister is dating one of the players and I have heard theories but nothing is coming out.