Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IHSAA Boys/Girls State Tournament

Smelling a deep Bloomington South run this year

Bloomington South will have to get past Evansville Reitz in the Regional. Reitz has destroyed some pretty good teams. The closest margin of victory has been 14 points on two occasions.

I am hoping the Harrison Warriors can knock them off. They slowed them down and only lost by 14 recently, but Reitz is just in another class right now. 

Good chance that Carroll (my high school) will see Homestead again in Regionals. Carroll's only two losses this year were to Swanigan and the Spartans. Man I hope they can beat them just once, it's pretty difficult to beat a team three times.

I have an Evansville bias, but I am taking Evansville Reitz to go all the way. 20-0, don't see them even being in a close game until Semi-State.

You may be underestimating Southport.

You may be underestimating Southport.

Nope, they wouldn't play until Semi-State. They are also playing this Saturday so we will get a good preview. I am looking forward to seeing Southport, they have definitely played the tougher schedule.

Nope, they wouldn't play until Semi-State. They are also playing this Saturday so we will get a good preview. I am looking forward to seeing Southport, they have definitely played the tougher schedule.

Ahh, didn't realize they would play that late in the tournament. Will be an awesome preview!

Ahh, didn't realize they would play that late in the tournament. Will be an awesome preview!

Yeah I don't want to sound cocky, because Ev. Harrison and Ev. Central are both very good teams as well as New Albany, but Reitz has played all 3 of them with the closest game being 14 pts. If Reitz plays the way they are capable of playing they will walk to the Semi-State and that is where they will see the Indy teams that have played tougher schedules this year.

Southport game Saturday will be very good. Reitz has 5 Seniors and a Junior that get playing time and they will press for 32 min. I have not seen Scruggs play, but he could make a huge jump in rankings or they could make him look like a Sophomore like he is.

I am hearing from some people at work that the game could still be cancelled. Southport is contemplating just cancelling game since their Sectionals start Tuesday. If anyone hears any info on this please post!!

are they good this year? Homestead, Carroll, Leo are solid.

They are 17-5. One of those losses in double OT and another to Carroll. The other three were just dropped games. Fort Wayne has had a solid year this year for quite a few teams.

are they good this year? Homestead, Carroll, Leo are solid.

Idk lol, thats where i went to school here in fort wayne, we were always a basketball school, i think they recently won a sectional. I was there during the years when eshaunte jones or "bear" as they called him, won mr basketball, and was heavily recruited by IU. 

I'm from Churubusco, a very small town right next to Fort Wayne. We are known as a football school but our basketball team has a very good chance to bring home our FIRST sectional title! Anyone out there know how many schools in Indiana don't have a sectional title for their basketball program?

I'm from Churubusco, a very small town right next to Fort Wayne. We are known as a football school but our basketball team has a very good chance to bring home our FIRST sectional title! Anyone out there know how many schools in Indiana don't have a sectional title for their basketball program?

You can narrow it down a bit with this LINK. It shows all the IHSAA records for all sports. 

I pinned this thread.