Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

OT: NCAA penalizes Syracuse and Boeheim

I know a lot of people would hate this but honestly, it's not a bad option. We get to potentially see what Crean could so with a senior Yogi, Troy with a jumper, improved Rojo and JB, and a legit big man in Thomas Byrant. I know this year has had it's up's and very low down's, but this way we get a pretty awesome roster and a chance to make a decent run in the tourny, and if it the season doesn't live up to expectations, we have another chance to court a great, not just a good, coach.

You also have to look at it from creans side he knows his days are numbered why stick around and be the placeholder for someone else. He may not want to waste his time for one more season.

You also have to look at it from creans side he knows his days are numbered why stick around and be the placeholder for someone else. He may not want to waste his time for one more season.

If he has as much self-confidence as it seems he has in himself in his interviews I wouldn't be surprised if he though he could take that team places.

I know a lot of people would hate this but honestly, it's not a bad option. We get to potentially see what Crean could so with a senior Yogi, Troy with a jumper, improved Rojo and JB, and a legit big man in Thomas Byrant. I know this year has had it's up's and very low down's, but this way we get a pretty awesome roster and a chance to make a decent run in the tourny, and if it the season doesn't live up to expectations, we have another chance to court a great, not just a good, coach.

Flip it around ... maybe the IU as "finalist" status for Bryant is a result of Crean being out the door?  I'm sure recruits share the fanbase's opinion of Crean's abilities towards big men.

A little too light? Losing 25% of your scholarships for an entire recruiting cycle is a pretty big deal. 

A little too light? Losing 25% of your scholarships for an entire recruiting cycle is a pretty big deal. 

It is a big deal. But there isn't any doubt I think the NCAA should lay the hammer down a lot more when the culture and oversight are that bad. Death penalty time.

Compared to the  the "new" guidelines for sanctions and discipline, they got off easy. I read one of ESPN writers saying that Boeheim should've at least been suspended for a whole season and they should've gotten more postseason bans. They were also supposed to lose more scholarships. 

Coach K on PTI saying he thought the penalties against Boeheim and Syracuse were too harsh and unfair. Ridiculous how they can stick up for people that have been caught CHEATING. Unbelievable to me honestly

thats cause coach K "plays the game" too. Don't be fooled. Dirty business with recruiting. Sampson screwed us in more ways than 1. We need to be extra careful now. I think that is a big part of the reason for late misses and confusing the Crystal Ball.

thats cause coach K "plays the game" too. Don't be fooled. Dirty business with recruiting. Sampson screwed us in more ways than 1. We need to be extra careful now. I think that is a big part of the reason for late misses and confusing the Crystal Ball.

I was more specifically referring to the whole scandal with Syracuse with academics and with them failing to discipline students after failed drug tests. Of course they are going to vacate wins from Boeheim if he won those games with players who shouldn't have been playing

Coach K on PTI saying he thought the penalties against Boeheim and Syracuse were too harsh and unfair. Ridiculous how they can stick up for people that have been caught CHEATING. Unbelievable to me honestly

Honestly anyone defending Boeheim and the Syracuse cesspool lose a ton of respect from me. Vitale and Coach K now, at the top of the list. Unbelievable!

Not surprised Crean publicly defends Boeheim. Didn't they work closely on team USA? Not to mention, all coaches have a vested interest in the most player friendly environment so they have less rules to follow, so winning will be easier.