Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

IU vs O$U game thread 12 Noon

let's be FRANK here...
we need to regroup and SPANK those feelings of ill will...
make no mistake, and take it to the BANK...IU will come out strong
and get a HANKering for winning again...
I have no doubt, that the Bucks will come out shooting BLANKS and
Hoosiers will wipe the floor and leave that STANK that they had in East Lansing behind...

well done. Well done

Fwiw...think most of my sarcasm/satire/tongue in cheek comments are lost in translation. I was simply speaking to the faction of fans that watch Crean on TV and then think they can analyze his coaching. If you haven't seen people, smart posters on here, bring up his pacing, etc. you aren't paying attention.

I never said Crean automatically should be placed on a level above high school coaches. He'd be the first to tell you that since he's such a grassroots basketball guy who knows a lot of people in a lot of places. People he doesn't have to acknowledge, but does. Because that used to be him.

Love Indiana. Love the knowledge people here have for the game. People should criticize when they have a real point to make. A real observation. Not just saying Crean can't beat the zone. Or saying IU must not practice this or that. Ol Crean just rolls the balls out. There are a lot of crazies on here and not on here who don't *really* know what high major ball is like.

We have a fine coach who is a fine person who treats people right. That's unanimous among those in the thick of it. It just seems many fans don't see eye to eye with him on basketball. And that's too bad.

Notice the fundamental, conservative, Wisconsin type style isn't worth much more than winning a lot of games every year. The athlete wins. I think it's important to consider that. This style of play, getting players to just play, is what it takes nowadays... It is a new frontier for Indiana basketball in this era. We've got to get on the same page. Or we as fans can continue undercutting the program. Either way.