Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

IU vs Butler MVP Thread

MVP?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MVP?

• Troy Williams - 22pts; 11reb; 3ast; 2stl; 2blk
    • Yogi Ferrell - 20pts; 3ast
    • Hanner Mosquera-Perea - 8pts; 9reb; 4blk
    • Nick Zeisloft - 7pts; 3reb; 1 take down

So, Jaybob is out sailing the seas of cheese with his wifey and he asked me to start this thread.  Apparently they don't have internet in the sticks.  What is he, in Kentucky?!  Geesh!  Anyway.  I know we're beating up New Orleans tomorrow, but we did beat Butler so a MVP thread is deserved.

Give me thoughts BtownBanners!

Troy Williams. Overall wonderful game where he played under control. If he can consistently do that, this team becomes even more dangerous. HMP stepped up as well though. We don't need much from him on the offensive end, but his defense continues to progress. I like the way things are looking for our Hoosiers.

I go with yogi he had a terrible first half and not the best game for his standards but came up big when we had to have it and made the late free throws to seal it. I normally wouldn't pick him cause he is expected to b good but this time I think we lose if he didn't step up

I went w/ Troy - this was the first game in which the Vic comparisons didn't offend me.  Also, I think Stan played a fairly decent game as well.  This team is making progress (unlike last year's team) as the season goes on.

Troy and Yogi, with honorable mention to Hanner and Blackmon.

Troy and Yogi both carried the team on their backs at times, and Hanner was a man out there.  He looked like he knew what he was doing, and we could not have won this game without that kind of game from Hanner.

We could not have won that game without the games we got from all 4 of those key pieces.  Blackmon got shut down on offense, but he reeled in 8 crucial rebounds in a game dependent on that stat line, and our other weapons stepped up big time and treated Butler with the respect that program deserves for once, and we beat them decisively this time.

I have been waiting a long time for a game like this from Troy.  His game was not close to perfect yet, but he must be really happy to have played such a key part in a big win.  We cannot win the way IU is expected to win without big, big games like this from the guns we go to battle with.