Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Hopefully it's just early season peak. These guysblook good

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I think they are the best test in the country. They can be beat, but it’s going to take a monumental effort. HATE IT.

Edey Is built like a skyscraper. He won’t get injured but I think that’s the only thing that will derail them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, coonhounds said:

Hopefully it's just early season peak. These guysblook good 

They always look good early season. 

Like Stu has oft said, they are an Edey ankle away from just being another team. And by the end of the year, out of conference teams have sharpened up enough to run a solid PnR.

3 minutes ago, OliviaPope40 said:

Is the Edey Rule the new MJ rule where the refs won't call a foul on him. 

I think it's safe to say at this point that he is NEVER fouling out and he will rarely get called for camping out in the lane. Opponents have to accept that they have to beat Purdue with him on the floor. The best attack might be five out with a three point barrage and constant cutting to the basketball. I don't believe they can be beaten in a conventional manner.

8 minutes ago, HinnyHoosier said:

They always look good early season. 

Like Stu has oft said, they are an Edey ankle away from just being another team. And by the end of the year, out of conference teams have sharpened up enough to run a solid PnR.

For some reason, people have short memories when it comes to Purdue. Two years ago, they hung 90+ on UNC and beat Villanova the next day, and there were people seriously thinking they'd go undefeated. Last year they blew out Duke and Gonzaga and everyone lost their minds. Painter has mastered the month of November. We'll see if he ever figures out March. 

I think they are the best test in the country. They can be beat, but it’s going to take a monumental effort. HATE IT.

Edey Is built like a skyscraper. He won’t get injured but I think that’s the only thing that will derail them.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app
Yes I hate it also. The roles are reversed from the 70 80s and 90s. Purdue is the new top team. Iu administration sucks and should be ashamed. I get it they haven't put it together in March but I am also not stupid and can see its because I have been lucky. This team can definitely win it all

10 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I wonder why P5 teams don’t seem to watch film from FDU and St Peters defending Edey. They both routinely fronted him with a big and brought the weak side guard around behind him on the catch to swipe at the ball. That very much helped keep bigs out of foul trouble.

With Ware’s length that would seem to be a good strategy for us.

Shaka Smart: confirmed BTB reader

28 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Shaka Smart: confirmed BTB reader

Not enough by them. They’re 1/2 or 3/4 fronting him and bringing a double around to the ball side when he catches with his back to the basket.

FDU had a guy standing at his belt buckle and brought the double behind him when he caught, which he didn’t nearly as often.

Also, since Ware is crap at boxing out, might as well front with Ware and let him try to out jump Edey going toward the rim for rebounds.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Not enough by them. They’re 1/2 or 3/4 fronting him and bringing a double around to the ball side when he catches with his back to the basket.

FDU had a guy standing at his belt buckle and brought the double behind him when he caught, which he didn’t nearly as often.

Also, since Ware is crap at boxing out, might as well front with Ware and let him try to out jump Edey going toward the rim for rebounds.

They full fronted a couple possessions right before I posted that, got steals off of it, then totally went away from it. 

Why Shaka whyyyy

Man, I understand not using a timeout when you have a chance to go get a transition bucket in the final seconds.

But when the other team is already able to get set up in a halfcourt D, or you just grab that final rebound with a chance to win on a 3 point shot.... and the coach doesn't use their timeout (Shaka had 2 left)... what are you saving them for?!