Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

20 hours ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

Had this conversation with my wife. Like, what do these guys see that we don’t? In slow motion it was a foul, goaltend or both but all they could say is how great a block it was. 

What they see is a play rather than a rule. It wasn’t a goaltend, but if they’d called a foul, fine, I guess. But if that play happens in a pickup game somewhere and Riley calls it, he gets laughed off the floor and out if the gym. No player thinks that’s a foul. Riley didn’t think it was a foul. He barely glanced at the ref.

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

The charge/block rule should be 100% eliminated from the game. 

CHANGE MY MIND

If two guys crash into each no whistle should ever follow? No matter what?

Allow me to change your mind:

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If two guys crash into each no whistle should ever follow? No matter what?

Allow me to change your mind:

Depends on the collision. If the offensive player is going through like Marshawn Lynch, offensive foul. If the defender gets in the way to just get mowed over, defensive foul. But if charges don't exist, defenders aren't sliding in to get ran over. 

Contest the shot or get out of the way. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Depends on the collision. If the offensive player is going through like Marshawn Lynch, offensive foul. If the defender gets in the way to just get mowed over, defensive foul. But if charges don't exist, defenders aren't sliding in to get ran over. 

Contest the shot or get out of the way. 

False dichotomy.  There aren't just situations where the offensive player is 'going through like Marshawn Lynch' or defenders 'getting in the way to just get mowed over'.

Defenders are entitled to the space they occupy, period.  If anything, there are too many free throws being awarded to offensive players for just running into somebody.

foul
tumblr_mxd88aFkfu1spy7ono1_400.gif&key=590472b543ecf3a17b0a2106eeb8f15d0174ddaed7d58bcf191a0540b5ae10ee
Anybody know if this kid is ok today? At the very least I'd have to imagine he suffers from a deep seeded fear of running dogs. As long as he made it out ok I don't feel bad for laughing hysterically

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

False dichotomy.  There aren't just situations where the offensive player is 'going through like Marshawn Lynch' or defenders 'getting in the way to just get mowed over'.

Defenders are entitled to the space they occupy, period.  If anything, there are too many free throws being awarded to offensive players for just running into somebody.

Agreed.  Tired of seeing guys drive into a defender and fall to the ground only to be rewarded with FTs.  

6 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Anybody know if this kid is ok today? At the very least I'd have to imagine he suffers from a deep seeded fear of running dogs. As long as he made it out ok I don't feel bad for laughing hysterically

He literally flips backwards lol...

That was no flop lol

1 hour ago, brumdog45 said:

And that would go bye bye. As there would be an actual focus verticality, which basically doesn't exist in college basketball. 

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Kids were tougher back in the day. I’m sure he’s fine.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

18 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Tom still beatin that drum 20 years later. 

Where's his tweet extolling the virtues of Tim Priller??? Or Peter Jurkin -- hell, that guy couldn't run and dribble a basketball at the same time. I'm not sure he could even dribble a basketball standing still.