Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Seeing more commentary that Notre Dame's winnningest coach, Mike Brey (age 61), may be headed out the door.  Just one of the articles I've seen recently.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/notre-dame/2021/03/04/notre-dame-basketball-could-n-c-state-loss-spell-end-mike-brey/6917798002/

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Seeing more commentary that Notre Dame's winnningest coach, Mike Brey (age 61), may be headed out the door.  Just one of the articles I've seen recently.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/notre-dame/2021/03/04/notre-dame-basketball-could-n-c-state-loss-spell-end-mike-brey/6917798002/

Always thought Brey was a good coach just wasnt great at recruiting.

Mike Brey is a pretty good coach--better than ours. It's not easy recruiting basketball players to Notre Dame these days. They are competing with Indiana and Purdue for in-state talent. Fewer and fewer top players want to come from other parts of the country to Indiana to play basketball. Like Northwestern, Notre Dame has higher academic standards than many limiting their targets. Notre Dame used to attract great players from the Washington, DC area (e.g., Adrian Dantley, Austin Carr). But not so much anymore. Now schools are less tolerant than they used to be, primarily because coaches are paid so much money there is a feeling they should be able to put top 25 teams on the floor every season. 

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Duquesne up 4 with 41 sec to go.  Day drama in the A-10 

Duquesne wins it.   Richmonds season comes to a close.   Started out promising by winning at Kentucky but that turned out to be fools gold.   Disappointing season for the Spiders 

Can't believe IU would fire Archie after the progress he made this year in avoiding the Wednesday of the BIG tournament! Our fanbase is so unreasonable!
I kid I kid. But seriously, will be a fun tournament to watch. 
Dont joke, there are knuckleheads that will argue that point, mainly on twitter/Facebook in favor of him returning.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Chance to watch Tre Mitchell and UMass.   IU recruited him and he has turned out to be a beast in the A-10.   

He definitely wasn't afraid to shoot the ball.  Not real explosive but pretty smooth.  UMASS shot the lights out.

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

And Davis had the 4th, 11th, 17th and 18th hardest schedules (but managed to finish .500 or better in the conference all 4 of those years). He had a couple of brutally hard pre-conference schedules.

This year is partially ranked first because of how deep the Big Ten is but also because of Covid....ie no pre-conference cupcakes to bring down the overall degree of difficulty.

And Davis had the 4th, 11th, 17th and 18th hardest schedules (but managed to finish .500 or better in the conference all 4 of those years). He had a couple of brutally hard pre-conference schedules.
This year is partially ranked first because of how deep the Big Ten is but also because of Covid....ie no pre-conference cupcakes to bring down the overall degree of difficulty.

Plus the big ten is tough for every big ten team. Don’t see Michigan, Illinois, MSU (expect this year), Ohio state, Purdue, Wisconsin struggling with their tough schedules.

Nope, just poor ol IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

41 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Plus the big ten is tough for every big ten team. Don’t see Michigan, Illinois, MSU (expect this year), Ohio state, Purdue, Wisconsin struggling with their tough schedules.

Nope, just poor ol IU.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Illinois won 4 games and 7 games in the B1G a couple years ago.  They definitely struggled with their tough schedule early on