Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Didn’t know where to put this, but this is a MUST WATCH of a proud IU alum in b-ball action:

Love it. Though the Hardenesque blatant walk before the release is a little bit of a problem

Not necessarily. There are people that have played a lot longer in the NBA and made a lot more money doing it than Troy Williams has that are flat broke. 

I was kidding - he has likely made some money from basketball and perhaps saved it/shared it with mom but he certainly hasn’t made the money that mom thought he was going to and I would say his opportunity to do so is drying up quickly

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I was kidding - he has likely made some money from basketball and perhaps saved it/shared it with mom but he certainly hasn’t made the money that mom thought he was going to and I would say his opportunity to do so is drying up quickly

My bad, your first post went right over my head. 

How pumped are you we get games that count REAL SOON?

Really pumped. Just renewed my PAC 12 network and espn + subscriptions. Baylor/Central Arkansas kick it off at noon at Tuesday( my day off this week). I’m a little ticked Comcast and ACC network haven’t came up with a compromise yet. I figured they would have a deal by the basketball season which didn’t happen. Can’t wait to be watching some college hoops again

ACC Regular-Season Champions over last 9 years:

North Carolina: 5 (4 outright)
Virginia: 4 (3 outright)
Miami: 1

Duke’s last ACC regular-season championship came a decade ago — when it shared the title with Maryland.
Jeff Goodman

I didn’t know it had been that long

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Duke’s last ACC regular-season championship came a decade ago — when it shared the title with Maryland.
Jeff Goodman

Pretty incredible

Jeff Goodman

Does the ACC even recognize regular championships?

Does the ACC even recognize regular championships?

Yeah. They congratulated Virginia on winning the regular season on their Twitter feed last March. Coaches still recognize and value regular season championships in the Power 5 leagues. Just listen to them talk about what they mean when they are getting close to winning one

Yeah. They congratulated Virginia on winning the regular season on their Twitter feed last March. Coaches still recognize and value regular season championships in the Power 5 leagues. Just listen to them talk about what they mean when they are getting close to winning one

Yet a few games in a conference tourney can make or break your season. So odd.

It also is the entire season for the majority of conferences.

Yeah for the 1 bid leagues it comes down to one weekend which is unfortunate. I agree with you on that. Wish more would reward the regular season champ

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yeah for the 1 bid leagues it comes down to one weekend which is unfortunate. I agree with you on that. Wish more would reward the regular season champ

While it comes down to one weekend the entire season can make that weekend easier so it’s not all for naught. 

I wouldn’t be mad if the Big Ten did the conference tourney and then played the regular season and the regular season champs were the “auto bid.”

45 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I wouldn’t be mad if the Big Ten did the conference tourney and then played the regular season and the regular season champs were the “auto bid.”

Then you have teams that once they are eliminated from the bubble have no reason to keep playing.