Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

The B1G 10 may slowly start to adapt in terms of playing style now with May and Musselman joining the conference.

Not sure if I see IU being part of that adaptation, however. I expect we’ll know soon enough.

7 hours ago, Home Jersey said:

I am bias but I think Dan Hurley has a strong case for best CBB coach right now. 

Other than Self and his insane consistency, I’m not sure what the argument would be for anyone else. 

7 hours ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I’ll just leave this here. So happy that I don’t have to listen to the annoying Turdodo fan base.

IMG_4658.png

SIAP, but Purdon't shot a Woodsian 1-7 from three.

4 hours ago, HinnyHoosier said:

I wonder if Purdoo fans wept themselves to sleep while blubbering, "IU... Sucks. I...U...su-u-u-cksss!!" 

I sure hope they did.

And I hope they wake up still doing it.

Oh they did weep themselves to sleep and had nightmares last night of IU and no banners. Below is one of my cousin’s post on Facebook who is a professor at Purdue. It is taking all my might not to make a comment on it. But if I did what comment should I leave…?  

IMG_4660.png

8 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

Oh they did weep themselves to sleep and had nightmares last night of IU and no banners. Below is one of my cousin’s post on Facebook who is a professor at Purdue. It is taking all my might not to make a comment on it. But if I did what comment should I leave…?  

IMG_4660.png

"Banners" or "5 > 0"

9 hours ago, Hoosier1984 said:

During starting lineups they announced him as a senior and not a graduate. Does he still have a graduate year?

I thought they said this was his last year.

1 hour ago, LIHoosier said:

SIAP, but Purdon't shot a Woodsian 1-7 from three.

Hindsight is always 20/20, but this seems like a huge mistake on Painter's part.  The last team to beat UCONN was Creighton, and they were somewhere around 14/28 from three to do it.  I feel like Painter should have tried getting more three-point looks for shooters last night.  Not sure how much was Purdue players be reluctant to take shots and how much was the gameplan.  Obviously, UCONN's defense also played a role in limiting Purdue's three-point attempts. 

1 hour ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

IMG_4660.png

Sounds like they use Woodson excuse methodology, that dreaded “hump” seems to get in everyone’s way, not just Woodson’s!

1 hour ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

IMG_4660.png

Just tell him Purdoo fans were ruminating on IU minutes before the game of their lives as well as minutes after that drubbing. 

And I can almost guarantee they were thinking about us during the only National Championship game in which most of them have ever seen Purdoo. Sad, really. Poor little brother...

1 minute ago, JF87 said:

Hindsight is always 20/20, but this seems like a huge mistake on Painter's part.  The last team to beat UCONN was Creighton, and they were somewhere around 14/28 from three to do it.  I feel like Painter should have tried getting more three-point looks for shooters last night.  Not sure how much was Purdue players be reluctant to take shots and how much was the gameplan.  Obviously, UCONN's defense also played a role in limiting Purdue's three-point attempts. 

Their game plan was the exact same one all year, feed Edey, let him work, force a double team, kick it out to an open shooter.  One problem, there were no open shooters, UConn guarded Edey one on one for the most part, and he shot worse than he ever had because he was never used to someone as tall as him guarding him.  Painter just had his guys stand beyond 3 in hopes they would start double teaming him, but it never really came.  Painter should have thrown some motion offense in there.  The difference was UConn made adjustments at halftime, Turdue did not

9 hours ago, monskisprodigy said:

Is there any chance he…and I’m worried to say it out loud…comes back to try to win it all next year?!?

Really don’t want to watch him again. 

He came back to win it all THIS year. 

The impact he and Caitlin Clark had for their respective teams and the games themselves was nuts, and what's even more insane is that either of them could have played a fifth year. Glad they're both moving on.