Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I’m officially ready for basketball season to start. Hopefully the season has some overlap with football this year. Being aware of recruiting news is nice but I can’t care too much about every new “development” on that front given nobody really knows what’s going on and rosters turn over so much every year now. I care about the guys we DO get, and couldn’t care less about the ones we don’t. With the portal and our NIL, we can field a competitive team each year regardless of any given HS recruit. I’m cautiously optimistic about this season and am ready to see the team in action. I hope they surpass our expectations. 

22 hours ago, Scotty R said:

Two years ago Hurley said during the final four he had to deal with the portal 

I bet. I’m sure unofficially it is being dealt with all the time. But making the official window 30 days half of which backs right up into the time when teams are playing is a different kind of crazy. 

They could easily do it in late May or even after the semester when people would know if they were graduating or transferring or whatever. Maybe that conflicts with something else, I don’t know. 

https://x.com/TheFieldOf68/status/1844394506747011546

This is insane if true. Dybantsa is a #1 overall-type kid, easily, but there is no way in a college setting with a format like the NCAA tournament that any player is worth that kind of jack. Not even close. 

Jump the freaking shark. Absolutely insane.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

36 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

That's just a reflection of KenPom rankings turning on the prior season -- at this point, pre-season, his rankings are useless (you probably already know that, just pointing it out given how meaningless it is at this point)

Yeah but lately IU has a track record of being worse at the end of the year in Kenpom from where they started 

https://x.com/assemblycall/status/1845818136613748860?s=46

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

Yeah but lately IU has a track record of being worse at the end of the year in Kenpom from where they started 

https://x.com/assemblycall/status/1845818136613748860?s=46

I get that, but no way this roster is 10th in the B1G, that's really kind of absurd right? Then again if we were to end up 10th, Woodson's firing shouldn't be a question.

Bennett done at UVA. Insane timing. Health issue? Family issue? Scandal? Scandal seems unlikely. 

Seems like a classy guy. Hope all is well.

Wonder if they've got any players on the roster who we can get a jump start on for the portal...

4 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Bennett done at UVA. Insane timing. Health issue? Family issue? Scandal? Scandal seems unlikely. 

Seems like a classy guy. Hope all is well.

Wonder if they've got any players on the roster who we can get a jump start on for the portal...

Geez.  Hope he’s ok.  Can’t imagine it’s not health related.  I hope not.   Just signed an extension too. 

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Geez.  Hope he’s ok.  Can’t imagine it’s not health related.  I hope not.   Just signed an extension too. 

Gotta be health, his or someone close to him. That guy’s way too straight to put himself in a bad spot and I don’t care how frustrated he is with the changing landscape he’s not bailing in almost November.