Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bk4life

Double D laying down a truth bomb right now on 1070!

Doyel praised Crean a few days ago and then completely flipped after the interview. I think he's just going for hits as the new guy here. Inconsistent stance

No, he said that one more incident would and should cost Crean his job. Then, we had one more incident.

You wander with the way double D was ripping the program yesterday if he had any insider information about what was going to happen last night?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

absolutely. I know someone who knew. I even said to this person "these are a bunch of knuckleheads. I know that Troy has been smoking a LOT OF WEED." He looked at me with a blank face. He knew what was coming but couldn't tell me.

But yes, this was known within the program for some time. 

I love Dakich. Always have and always will. He says the things that need to be said but too many people cry about it because they don't want to hear the truth.

My problem with Dakich, is he'll spend 30 minutes talking vehemently about a subject and then the next 30 minutes is spent saying things completely contrary to it.

Plus, he can be a real prick to people who call into his show with a differing veiwpoint

*Summarizing* "The reason my son went to Michigan is because Jon Beilein is an adult!"

Because all the teams were clamoring for the young Dakich boy. He had his pick of the walk-ons, he was ready to ride his no-scholarship anywhere it took him! Such great basketball IQ. First in the gym, last one out. Great ball handling. Full of spirit. Good head on his shoulders.

Ok so Holt showed bad judgment by having a beer at a party Friday night on Halloween and was part of an unfortunate series of event because his teammate was acting idiotic. Please tell me how he shows no respect for the candy stripes and doesn't appreciate the opportunity to be playing for Indiana? This is my problem with Dakich. Why demolish this kid because of one bad judgement call. If this was a reoccurring issue with one player than yes, he deserves the bashing but to bash Holt for this is ridiculous. I'm not saying he shouldn't be suspended for the drinking even if it was just a beer or two but just because he screwed up this one time does not mean he doesn't appreciate his scholarship.

First Dakich Never had alcohol, then never during the season, then never the night before a game or scrimmage, then never before 2 nights before a game, then only Friday nights. Another 2 hours of the topic and you might get to the truth, Dan.

Holt put himself in the position for having to be the whipping boy when he chose to drink. Had he blown under a 0.020, the story is 100% Devin Davis and Holt honestly IS the "victim" that you claim he is. No citation for anything. Holt gets to be the "poor guy" who was in the wrong place at the wrong time and tragically hit his teammate in a freak accident. Holt made himself part of the story when he chose to drink. That's a consequence of his actions.

S0 if he'd have had 3/4 of a beer instead of a whole one, his decision would have gone from bad to good?

Si if he'd have had 3/4 of a beer instead of a whole one, his decision would have gone from bad to good?

My point pretty clearly being that if he had been sober with nothing but a good caffeine buzz from his couple of Coke Zero cans, you can't say a bad thing about the guy. However, had I said "blown a 0.000," I'd get people calling me out for not allowing the kid to use Listerine.

I have to respect him in that he said Sunday that he would be calling for Crean's head after "one more incident," and he definitely hasn't backed off of that.

well, except the incident was 5 months earlier....

well, except the incident was 5 months earlier....

...which means that the Davis/Holt incident was now the one that officially put things over the edge, even if it was retroactively.

My point pretty clearly being that if he had been sober with nothing but a good caffeine buzz from his couple of Coke Zero cans, you can't say a bad thing about the guy. However, had I said "blown a 0.000," I'd get people calling me out for not allowing the kid to use Listerine.

The margin of error on many breathalyzers is .20...

The margin of error on many breathalyzers is .20...

Do you have an objection or question with the content of what I posted or are you just going to complain about stylistic differences in how I chose to express my opinion? I meant no drinking for Holt at all. Not one beer...not 3/4 of a beer...nothing.

You wonder if when Dakich was the interim coach he was told in any way that there was a chance he would be considered for the full time gig and then he got the boot so now he is just anti Crean and the program. I know he says that he calls it like he sees it, but if you ever listen to him call an IU game on national tv he is just constantly complaining and belittling every decision