Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

April still in boot.

On an unrelated note, I Saw April outside the school of Public Health. Still in boot.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Did he have crutches as well or just the boot?

If it's just the boot then maybe he's testing out his Halloween costume and he's going as Dora the Exploradora's little monkey friend. I just can't remember his name...

the way you write this makes me think you did not play a sport in college. Players leaving have a lot to do with the coaching staff and how they treat a kid and what they tell or don't tell them. It doesn't usually equate to a kid just saying I don't want to be here anymore, it can often times be the coach flat out saying I think it would be best if you looked elsewhere and I can even help you with that.

Moreover, many of us have a loyalty to kids that have already wore the candy stripes and put in years of blood sweat and tears for this school, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that, especially if leaving was not their idea

I didn't know playing sports in college was a requirement to posting on this site hahah. That came out of left field. 

Yes, but keep it under 5 per day.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

That's going to be hard to do.There's so many different ways to rehash the same topics like Crean sucks,At least three of the freshman suck too,etc,etc.

I cant wait for the season to start so we can talk about actual performance instead of preconceived notions.

I didn't know playing sports in college was a requirement to posting on this site hahah. That came out of left field.

clealry it is not nor did I suggest it was. However, had you, you would know that not every player that leaves a program "chose" to and that players are often pushed out and beyond their control. I feel for these kids and frankly have a loyalty to them as a fan and maybe more so than an incoming recruit that has yet to give his blood sweat and tears to this program.

Just wanted to make it clear that several of the kids that have left, it was not them that chose to and I feel bad for them.

Chuck went to my H.S. abeit a few yrs younger.  He did play in pick up games with us.  We had crazy pick up games.  Darrel Griffith, Bobby Turner, Charlie Mitchell (uofL 7') from New Albany, Robert Miller from Lou Central played for Cincy (6'10" , Tommy Baker Jeff HS played at IU two yrs, Dan Issel, Mike Pratt, Artis Gilmore from the ABA team in Louisville, and others....Was lot of talent on that court!

We used to play on a court in Clarksville at a Doctors house on the main drag.Wolvertons I believe.Also at Community park in New Albany.

There was a lot of talent in Southern Indiana.I went to New Albany the year they won state with Mitchell, Mukes Slaughter and Julius Norman.Norman was an unbelievable athlete. Once saw him put all 5 fingers on the ceiling in the main hall at 12 '  

clealry it is not nor did I suggest it was. However, had you, you would know that not every player that leaves a program "chose" to and that players are often pushed out and beyond their control. I feel for these kids and frankly have a loyalty to them as a fan and maybe more so than an incoming recruit that has yet to give his blood sweat and tears to this program.

Just wanted to make it clear that several of the kids that have left, it was not them that chose to and I feel bad for them.

I do see how it could happen, but I think its a lot of speculation. If someone had come out and say "they pushed me out of the program, they told me they didn't want me here anymore" than the whole "pushed out"  conspiracy theory would be more believable. I have played on club teams and I know that when you see that you aren't going to get playing time at the spot you desire, you leave for another squad. And I think that is the case with guys most of the guys. Like you've told me before, if you don't have facts or an article, its your opinion. I think thats what we have with your statement now

Bingo!  I was talking about Doc Wolvertons place on 131 in Clarksville.  Remember all those from the NA championship team.  Norman almost blew it by Dunking at the end of the game and got a technical for it.

I was dating a girl from Floyd central and we were at the Seymour regional when they beat the Highlanders.Jerry Schellenberg of Floyd gave the dogs all they could handle. Had close to 30 points over 20 rebounds and lost by three. Had a great career at Wake Forest.Used to play with him at the Georgetown park.Great guy.

I do see how it could happen, but I think its a lot of speculation. If someone had come out and say "they pushed me out of the program, they told me they didn't want me here anymore" than the whole "pushed out" conspiracy theory would be more believable. I have played on club teams and I know that when you see that you aren't going to get playing time at the spot you desire, you leave for another squad. And I think that is the case with guys most of the guys. Like you've told me before, if you don't have facts or an article, its your opinion. I think thats what we have with your statement now

fair enough, you have no proof that players chose on their own to leave and I don't have proof that I can share or that you would trust that some were pushed out. My source was a coach at IU so I know it to be true but since I won't share who I don't expect you to believe me and that is fine.

I have just been taken aback by some of the comments about former players that have transferred and those comments are often wrong and unwarranted.

fair enough, you have no proof that players chose on their own to leave and I don't have proof that I can share or that you would trust that some were pushed out. My source was a coach at IU so I know it to be true but since I won't share who I don't expect you to believe me and that is fine.

I have just been taken aback by some of the comments about former players that have transferred and those comments are often wrong and unwarranted.

I understand. I'm not a huge fan of people taking shots at players that have transferred and Im also not a fan of people taking shots of new players on the team. There are a few players that have transferred that I am more than happy that they have left though. I won't lie, I was beyond glad to see Hollowell go, he was one of the most frustrating players to watch. Everybody has their own opinion

According to Indiana's release on Jurkin when he left, it was based on more playing time. I rather doubt anyone on the staff begged him to stay. In fact reading between the lines, it was exactly opposite. For one of our posters in the know to comment that Jurkin was more polished than April and us comment on it does not an argument make. You may not like the report or comments related to, but to state argument and arguing twice in your post clearly states what you perceive it to be. I see it more as if Jurkin left for more playing time and is more polished than April, than why is April here? Especially since the post is our biggest need.

The poster in the know didn't use those words, he merely echoed the overall sentiment of a previous post with the word "true", which may or may not have addressed ALL of the points made in the post.

By the way his little damn near nothing one word comments are beginning to get on my nerves anyway...share or shut it

I once blocked a Chuck Franz Shot in a pickup game Can I still Post?

I stole a ball from Sean Alford (Steve's brother) in Knight's coaching class, running the defensive drill we were just taught. And had a little tit for tat with Brian Dolph. Can I still post?