Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HoosierCoop

Upcoming Canadian Tour

from ITH mailbag ..
http://www.insidethehall.com/2014/08/04/the-inside-hall-mailbag-august-4/

RonB on the premium forum writes: Will results and box scores from the games in Canada be posted on the IU web site or on ITH?

I’m not exactly sure how that will work, but I assume the host schools for each game will have statisticians present keeping track and will provide to IU and the media covering the games. We’ll be at all five games, so be sure to follow our Twitter account for pertinent updates. And, of course, we’ll have coverage here on the site and in the premium forum. — Alex Bozich

I am so mad. My brother Boo Williams is going to the game in Canada. One day Lord, one day, I will be able to afford to go anywhere and everywhere to see my God sent son play basketball but I guess I should be blessed that a family member will be over there in another part of the country watching my young man do what he has been grooming to do. GOOD LUCK FELLOWS AND GO HARD AND SMART!!! I wish it was going to be televised live or something As much as cable and the extra sport channels cost, we should be able to watch sports in Afghanistan, feel me fellow HOOSIER fans?!?!Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Darn Skippy!

I wonder how much practice these Canadian teams have compared to us.  Do they have the same time restrictions NCAA teams do?  Are they already in game shape?  

Looks like we'll have to rely on Twitter.  My wife is going to love me staring at my phone for two hours straight Friday night.  

I saw that ESPNU was going to live broadcast the Kentucky games in the Bahamas next week.   Come on now ESPNU!

This is part of the new SEC network.  BTN take note and learn.  This is what you should be doing and not showing a Nebraska football game from 1983 from before they were in the B1G.   

I just read through the Inside the Hall mailbag and in an answer to one of the questions they mentioned there was no TV.  

Hey, not sure if this will work... But the first game on Friday against Laval MIGHT (hopefully, possibly, maybe not) be streamed on this site...

http://www.rseq.tv/html/basketball.php

Laval is part of the RSEQ and I saw that the RSEQ.TV website is streaming a basketball tournament right now, so maybe there's a chance?

Peegs had a good rundown of the teams we play today.  A couple of things I found interesting:

*  Canadian college player get 7 years to play 5.  A lot of these guys could be in the 23-24 year old range that we are playing.  

*  They don't have the practice restrictions up there the NCAA does, so they have been working out and practicing full time year round.  Due to that they will likely be more game ready than we are at this point.  

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein  45m
Indiana begins five-game exhibition tour Friday night in Montreal. Very important trip for the Hoosiers, who need to find a post presence.

Marni Mooney ‏@MarnOnTheMoon  4m
First trip as Hoosiers! #IUBB #James #Max #Rob http://instagram.com/p/rZbUrJDQh6/

Tim Priller ‏@Vanilla_Prilla  33m
Off to Canada

Troy Williams ‏@troywilliams_  35m
Here we come, Canada..