Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JaybobHoosier

Fitness Thread

Just got done running 2 miles. I haven't been able to run lately do to a sore throat, which sucked. Back to running now :)

Can anyone do a chart for the run/walk thing? I just don't have time to do one right now. Thanks!

Post my competive sports age I took up running as exercise. I run 30 miles a week or so. Do mini marathons. Love it. Haven't done a full one yet. <br /><br />I love the mapmyfitness app to keep track of times and compete with myself. <br /><br />I am taking a break currently as I have tendonitis or a metatarsal stress fracture. Hate not being able to run :(

<br /><br /><br /><br />I ran close to a marathon once, because my PLT SGT thought it would be fun. <br /><br />Now... I only run when getting a cold beer.... It keeps the heart rate up.<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Anybody here do Insanity work outs occasionally   

I do the P90x workouts. I really enjoy them, but you have to be all in to do em. Extremely difficult, if you are an old guy like me and haven't done anything for a while. The 1st time through, I did the entire 90 day plan. I can honestly say that I am a lot stronger now. Since then, i have done it a couple times for a month or so at a time. Again very difficult, if you don't keep up with it. On a side note, I never got the six pack abs that they claim that you can get in 90 days. However, I never used the diet plan either. I did lose 2 inches off my waist, and lost about 10 pds or so. I have a buddy who is a personal trainer. He says that of all the DVD based workouts, Insanity would be the one that he would suggest. That way you don't have to buy the extra equipment like the pull up bar, and dumbells.

[quote name="KingPG21" post="73311" timestamp="1404738929"]Anybody here do Insanity work outs occasionally [/quote]

I did them a few years ago and I had no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I've got about 2 more weeks in this boot after wearing it for a stress fracture by my ankle. Not running on a treadmill anymore!

Just ran two miles this early morning! Nothing like getting up at 515!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Been crossfitting pretty consistently for about the past month and a half. 7am bright and early. Set new PRs on back squat, dead lift, and OH press.

I weigh 162-165 lb.

Back squat = 315
Dead Lift = 350
OH Press = 150

Pretty stoked.

Awesome! I just need to be consistent with running. I used to lift a lot in high school, but quit because I wasn't gaining muscles lol. When I was weighing 175, I could bench 215. I have weak knees so squats I had issues with.

Running is my thing. I ran cross country and did 3.1 miles in 18 minutes. I would like to get back to at least 22 minutes. My diet sucks though, which is a big issue.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Last week I started to work out at the gym at work. We have an on site trainer Mon-Thurs, circuit training machines (10), various types of ellipticals (great for me with bum knees, treadmills, free weights. smith machine, fitness/aerobics room, etc.

Since I haven't worked out in a program for 5 or so years she's putting me through the circuit training machines. So far so good. I'm a little soggy in the midsection that's more about eating than anything else.

Been fun though!! Will update as my routine is tweaked.

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

I've been doing the Spartacus circuit every other day with running and mild weight training the days between. Great for fat burn and muscle toning. [attachment=1154:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1410388968.048353.jpg]

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.