Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) SG Shake Milton to SMU

Still waiting for some Shake news!

The twitter post of doing what makes him happy-----could mean he wants to break free from local ties and go to IU---and it may not.

I am still confident he picks IU----but the SOONER the better!

Man I hope you don't mean Oklahoma Sooner

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

OU hurt themselves on that last sneak visit (Sept. 13th) pushing things, I know that. To me, that suggests that they did not want the IU visit to happen for fear Shake would chose IU. That doesn't seem like too much of a stretch, does it?

This doesn't change the family/close to home issue, but that is what I am hearing

No that would make sense to me. I wouldn't want to be pushed like that The recruit is in charge, the schools are just along for the ride at this point in the game.

No that would make sense to me. I wouldn't want to be pushed like that The recruit is in charge, the schools are just along for the ride at this point in the game.

It's a strange tactic. It's backfired on IU before, idk, I guess it's in the presentation but more often than not it comes off as desperate. 

It's a strange tactic. It's backfired on IU before, idk, I guess it's in the presentation but more often than not it comes off as desperate.

The recruiting world is a strange place. I wouldn't want to be a recruit or a recruiter.

No, actually not. I come in peace also, but I give our perspective of IU when wins, integrity, and graduating seniors were as consistent as the autumn colors in southern Indiana.

Well, to be fair... Etherington did graduate and Cody went pro early (and might even have his degree by now), so the only "graduation failure" of that class was Remy.

Next year should be Yogi, Hanner and Nick.

Thanks for the info Hoosierpap-----I agree with Hovadipo---I'm feeling SHAKY too! 

The new SMU offer is hopefully no accident----best of all worlds maybe they have been notified it's not them.  Hopefully--OU gets a similar notice and Shake is IU bound.  The planets still seem aligned correctly to me on this one!

I agree with the posters saying that high pressure tactics in recruiting rarely work.  The one exception may be with the elite/bluebloods who drop in on a recruit who is considering "lesser" schools and tell the recruit to "take it or leave it" !

On the other hand---I cannot see how OU could pressure a recruit to accept now over IU----just like it would be difficult for IU to tell a recruit to accept now over Duke,UK, or KU.  There is a pecking order and I hope someday soon we are back at the top of it with UK, Duke, KU, etc.  In any event, we are above OU and I could see where their attempts to pressure Shake about IU could backfire.

Go IU!

I agree with the posters saying that high pressure tactics in recruiting rarely work.  The one exception may be with the elite/bluebloods who drop in on a recruit who is considering "lesser" schools and tell the recruit to "take it or leave it" !

On the other hand---I cannot see how OU could pressure a recruit to accept now over IU----just like it would be difficult for IU to tell a recruit to accept now over Duke,UK, or KU.  There is a pecking order and I hope someday soon we are back at the top of it with UK, Duke, KU, etc.  In any event, we are above OU and I could see where their attempts to pressure Shake about IU could backfire.

Go IU!

I guess all's quiet on the western front? Man I wish Shake spring for the Hoosiers!