Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
JaybobHoosier

Top IU Starting Five Since You Remember Watching IU Basketball

Lewis was mentioned in the post above yours

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Only like one other person mentioned him though.

With younger posters with lists that are just 1997 and up it's kind of surprising to see the all time assists leader not even on the bench.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="67105" timestamp="1400473853"]Only like one other person mentioned him though.

With younger posters with lists that are just 1997 and up it's kind of surprising to see the all time assists leader not even on the bench.[/quote]

I thought the same as well. The last best team I could remember was 91-92 season. That was the year Henderson went down and we lost in elite 8 to Kansas (I remember Rex Walters). I was only 10 at the time

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="yogisballin" post="67107" timestamp="1400500900"]I thought the same as well. The last best team I could remember was 91-92 season. That was the year Henderson went down and we lost in elite 8 to Kansas (I remember Rex Walters). I was only 10 at the time

If I'm wrong I know I'll hear about it here

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

I thought the same as well. The last best team I could remember was 91-92 season. That was the year Henderson went down and we lost in elite 8 to Kansas (I remember Rex Walters). I was only 10 at the time

I'm pretty sure that year was 92-93. The 91-92 team lost in the Final Four to Duke in Anderson's senior year. That's the first team I kind-of remember.

It just hit me, I vaguely remember going to an exhibition game when IU had Bailey, Leary and Pat Graham.  I can't remember what year it was so I can't remember everyone on that team but I do remember those three (I was a young kid, got their autographs).  Does that count?  If so I need to edit my lineup.

For me, I barely remember watching Guyton, and less of Lewis. The main team I can actually remember games was Kirk Haston's last year, which is why he was my favorite player for awhile. I always tried mimicking his game in the drive way.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

For me, I barely remember watching Guyton, and less of Lewis. The main team I can actually remember games was Kirk Haston's last year, which is why he was my favorite player for awhile. I always tried mimicking his game in the drive way.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

I remember Guyton well.  I was watching the game where Lewis threw an inbounds pass off an Iowa player's face because he was crowding the line, my dad laughed and said "that'll teach him to back off the line".

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="67124" timestamp="1400517108"]It just hit me, I vaguely remember going to an exhibition game when IU had Bailey, Leary and Pat Graham. I can't remember what year it was so I can't remember everyone on that team but I do remember those three (I was a young kid, got their autographs). Does that count? If so I need to edit my lineup.[/quote]
I remember their high school gym tour. They stopped at Huntington North. Good times for a junior high kid!!!!!

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

I remember their high school gym tour. They stopped at Huntington North. Good times for a junior high kid!!!!!

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

That's probably what it was, they stopped at a local high school down in southern IN.  I'm wanting to say it was South Spencer.

Thomas

Alford

Cheaney

May

Benson

Bench

Yogi

Wilkerson

Kitchell

Vonleh

Zeller / Tolbert

God I'm old! I was torn between Tolbert and Zeller. Also really wanted to put Buckner in for the other point guard. I never got to see Bellamy or McGinness play for IU

That's probably what it was, they stopped at a local high school down in southern IN.  I'm wanting to say it was South Spencer.

The one I remember was at Floyd Central.  I had my back to the court while the team was warming up.  My mom was going to take a picture of me and Damon Bailey saw it.  Someone said something to him and next thing I know I had a picture with Damon.  He was my favorite Hoosier growing up.

The one I remember was at Floyd Central.  I had my back to the court while the team was warming up.  My mom was going to take a picture of me and Damon Bailey saw it.  Someone said something to him and next thing I know I had a picture with Damon.  He was my favorite Hoosier growing up.

I had autographs from Bailey, P. Graham and Leary but lost the Bailey autograph.  I went to his bball camp once and he signed a few things for me, an 8x10 he was giving to all kids at the camp, a card from a 1993-1994 Hoosiers set and a basketball.  That basketball was also signed by Calbert Cheaney that day too, and that Bailey/Cheaney signed ball is one of my favorite items aside from an 8x10 that RMK signed to me when I was a kid.

I always liked seeing anyone drop 45 on New Albany! Ha!!! SONA lol

<br /><br />That NA team was stacked and probably should have won state. They had one of the Whitehead brothers that should have played at the high major level but couldn't keep his nose clean. They also had Chad Hunter that I watched from the time he was in elementary school. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my sarcastic iPhone using BrownBanners<br />

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="67139" timestamp="1400523606"]I remember Guyton well. I was watching the game where Lewis threw an inbounds pass off an Iowa player's face because he was crowding the line, my dad laughed and said "that'll teach him to back off the line".[/quote]
The day after that game, when I was a kid, I was playing on my nerf goal and my mom walked in the room and I screamed "Michael Lewis!!!" and threw the ball off her face lol that's the most vivid memory I have of him