Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Movie Thread

anybody seen Chappie yet? it's apparently the box office lead this week...
I saw the trailer and immediately thought..."this is iRobot in 2015"...and scoffed...
but the masses like it...?

I think it looks pretty awesome. But i pretty much like every movie with fighting robots even if the story sucks haha

anybody seen Chappie yet? it's apparently the box office lead this week...
I saw the trailer and immediately thought..."this is iRobot in 2015"...and scoffed...
but the masses like it...?

Eh, it doesn't have Will Smith when his box office charm started to wear off. And Blomkamp is a pretty good director, though he sometimes just beats you over the head with his message.

The casting for it with the protagonists was weird

Just took my daughters to see Insurgent (we all love dystopian/post apocalyptic books)- 6.5 out of 10. Liked Divergent a lot more (it was also my favorite book in the trilogy). Insurgent wasn't bad, just average.

If any of you have Netflix, check out the new series called Bloodline. Without spoiling anything, it's about a very, very messed up family. It's a Netflix original series (ala House of Cards) starring Kyle Chandler (Coach Taylor from the Friday Night Lights series). It only has 1, 13 episode season so far, but I started it last night and am already done with it. Crazy story, so I definitely recommend it.