Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KelleyHoosh

Who would you hire to replace CTC?

I'd be for anyone who can coach, inspire, teach and discipline. In effect, the antithesis of Crean.

That person should know how to install the motion offense and run it to precision, and stick mostly with man to man defense,

forsaking the god awful zone. The players ought to be taught how to play and grow as a team, helping each other out on the court.

The coach should be someone who refuses to be bought, or manipulated in any way by the money hungry masses in the NCAA. They should be willing to remind us that whilst an NBA career is great, less than 1% ever get a chance there, and even fewer amount to anything, making it little more than fool's gold. Consequently, his pursuit should be after men of good character and integrity who want to come to IU to play college basketball for at least three years, preferably four. If high school kids want a stepping stone to the NBA, let them go to Kentucky. We should remain true to who we are, not aspire to be something we're not.

I prefer to wait until Brad Stevens is tired of the NBA and is ready to come home.   Right now, I'd probably opt for Chris Collins.  Pearl is a show cause hire.  We had Kelvin Sanctions. Didn't work out so well. Probably wouldn't want to go there.

[quote name="Str8Hoosiers" post="49700" timestamp="1395165116"]I was just getting ready to say Pearl is off the table and back in the NCAA... somebody is willing to take the risk.....[/quote]

I'd gladly take the risk, especially if I was someone like Auburn.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Pat Knight? :biggrin:

Seriously, CTC isn't going anywhere.  He will get at least 1 more year....or more.  It will be interesting to see if he shakes up his assistant coach line-up.

the Calbert Cheaney talk really scares me

I mean the dude has been an assistant coach for all of one season, right?

I really have no faith in our ability to find the right guy

Brad Stevens, John Beilein, Gregg Marshall, or Tony Bennett are the kind of men we need

UM fans don't even like Beilein.  They feel the same about him that we do about Crean.  To this day.  

[quote name="mdn82" post="49841" timestamp="1395195732"]UM fans don't even like Beilein. They feel the same about him that we do about Crean. To this day. [/quote]

I would kill to be a national runner-up.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="mdn82" post="49841" timestamp="1395195732"]UM fans don't even like Beilein. They feel the same about him that we do about Crean. To this day. [/quote]

Wow that's a shame. I would take beilein everyday of the week.

I would kill to be a national runner-up.

They thought it was a fluke.  We had UM fans come to our old site and they would tell us he was essentially Crean.  A recruiter who couldn't coach at the offensive end.  I think they were also upset Crean has done well against them and they knew how our fan base reacts to Crean.  I would hope after this year they feel differently, but it is like Crean.  There was no changing some of their opinion.  

[quote name="mdn82" post="49846" timestamp="1395196657"]They thought it was a fluke. We had UM fans come to our old site and they would tell us he was essentially Crean. A recruiter who couldn't coach at the offensive end. I think they were also upset Crean has done well against them and they knew how our fan base reacts to Crean. I would hope after this year they feel differently, but it is like Crean. There was no changing some of their opinion. [/quote]

That was no fluke. That was a team with outrageous talent that performed to their potential, maybe a little above. I think Beilein is legit.

[quote name="mdn82" post="49846" timestamp="1395196657"]They thought it was a fluke. We had UM fans come to our old site and they would tell us he was essentially Crean. A recruiter who couldn't coach at the offensive end. I think they were also upset Crean has done well against them and they knew how our fan base reacts to Crean. I would hope after this year they feel differently, but it is like Crean. There was no changing some of their opinion. [/quote]

Wow did they not see what he did with a team that was dead in the water once McGary got hurt? Unbelievable

Wow did they not see what he did with a team that was dead in the water once McGary got hurt? Unbelievable

I haven't talked to any of them this year, because we have been here.  But going into this season UM fans were did not feel Beilein was the long term solution.  If they are anything like IU fans, I don't see their perception changing.

That was no fluke. That was a team with outrageous talent that performed to their potential, maybe a little above. I think Beilein is legit.

We had that discussion after they made the title game at our old website.  I felt his guards had continually played above expectations, and he had a solid platoon in the middle.  Also, he found Stauskas.  Same as Crean with Vic.  They were praising Crean's eye last year, but would not recognize how hard of a find Stauskas was.  Fans are funny man.  I would assume being away from them this year, some would still remain skeptical.  Its how IU fans were when Crean had that 1st Sweet 16 run.  For every good win (UK for example), there would be someone on the board stating how we shouldn't had to hit that last second shot. We blew the lead.  That was on Crean.  Sometimes fans can't just simply enjoy the moment for whatever reason.