Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

Official BTT - Indiana vs Illinois Game Thread

[quote name="Bk4life" post="47072" timestamp="1394734084"]Vonleh probably not ready for the NBA but in his mind he could be thinking he is ready for another school.....I saw the looks he gave Crean and the frustration these guys had with the bench and each other in this game...obviously, some changes coming to the bench too bad it does not include the coach.[/quote]

It would make no sense for him to transfer and sit out a year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Don't know why anyone is surprised. They have played this way, literally the entire season.

I think it carried over from the last few games of last year. Miserable... Just miserable.

It's ironic, really. As his time with IU wore on, talented kids didn't want to play for Bob Knight. It could have been for many reasons, not the least of which was his temper, but by and large, only the tough kids, or kids who didn't mind being disciplined, were willing to play for him. Now, here we are, in a new era. We have hugely talented kids playing at IU and the one thing that keeps them from being anything more than a collection of talented kids, is discipline. Too many egos, too little selflessness, not enough focus, not enough urgency, perseverance, drive, or heart. In other  words, everything Knight's  teams were known for, regardless of their record. I'm not saying Knight should be brought back, (though I surely wouldn't complain), but I just don't see that Crean possesses the type or style of coaching that will ever translate to much more than what we saw last year. More likely, it will perpetuate the type of team we saw this year, give or take about five wins, and no championships.

I wouldn't turn down an NIT bid...probably get a home game, and bring in some revenue, not to mention these kids need all the real game time action they can get...

this does suck the energy out of the rest of my day though...

..Yes,....and another opportunity to have them be embarassed again...and possibly by Ill....again

[quote name="Bk4life" post="47100" timestamp="1394735231"]..Yes,....and another opportunity to have them be embarassed again...and possibly by Ill....again[/quote]

Are you done....? Or are you just going to keep whining?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I will say that this team could wipe the floor with the 2011-2012 team which was the last before Cody got here , but that team had three times the heart, hustle, and will to win. When talent like we have misses the tourney and doesn't even win a game in the BTT, that's a HUGE problem. This is a team that should have been 4 or 5 in the BIG with an easy at large bid. Something is very wrong with this program

I wouldn't turn down an NIT bid...probably get a home game, and bring in some revenue, not to mention these kids need all the real game time action they can get...

this does suck the energy out of the rest of my day though...

I am sure we wouldn't turn it down but I doubt we get a home game.... we were projected as a 4 seed prior to todays game, now we will probably be a 5.... (probably a trip to LSU) so would it still be such a good thing?

I will say that this team could wipe the floor with the 2011-2012 team which was the last before Cody got here , but that team had three times the heart, hustle, and will to win. When talent like we have misses the tourney and doesn't even win a game in the BTT, that's a HUGE problem. This is a team that should have been 4 or 5 in the BIG with an easy at large bid. Something is very wrong with this program

I agree with this...

and I would add that Will could have made a difference on the outcome of this season had he stepped up his game in December, rather than February...

it's just tough to exit like this after a couple of decent years.

[quote name="CampCrean" post="47114" timestamp="1394735977"]I will say that this team could wipe the floor with the 2011-2012 team which was the last before Cody got here , but that team had three times the heart, hustle, and will to win. When talent like we have misses the tourney and doesn't even win a game in the BTT, that's a HUGE problem. This is a team that should have been 4 or 5 in the BIG with an easy at large bid. Something is very wrong with this program[/quote]

I think you mean 2010-2011 cuz Cody was a freshman in 11-12

I am sure we wouldn't turn it down but I doubt we get a home game.... we were projected as a 4 seed prior to todays game, now we will probably be a 5.... (probably a trip to LSU) so would it still be such a good thing?

I wouldn't turn it down regardless of location...

would it be a good thing? I have no idea...guess there's only one way to find out...

[quote name="TrueHoosier62" post="47095" timestamp="1394734764"]It's ironic, really. As his time with IU wore on, talented kids didn't want to play for Bob Knight. It could have been for many reasons, not the least of which was his temper, but by and large, only the tough kids, or kids who didn't mind being disciplined, were willing to play for him. Now, here we are, in a new era. We have hugely talented kids playing at IU and the one thing that keeps them from being anything more than a collection of talented kids, is discipline. Too many egos, too little selflessness, not enough focus, not enough urgency, perseverance, drive, or heart. In other words, everything Knight's teams were known for, regardless of their record. I'm not saying Knight should be brought back, (though I surely wouldn't complain), but I just don't see that Crean possesses the type or style of coaching that will ever translate to much more than what we saw last year. More likely, it will perpetuate the type of team we saw this year, give or take about five wins, and no championships.[/quote]

The game passed Knight up... Maybe you don't remember his last 7 seasons at IU...

[attachment=562:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1394742104.318007.jpg]

How would you feel if Crean did that exact same thing?

The game passed Knight up... Maybe you don't remember his last 7 seasons at IU...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBtownBanners1394742104.318007.jpg

How would you feel if Crean did that exact same thing?

That's pretty much what his career has looked like, except sub a few NITs in place of those tournament appearances.

Knight accomplished just as much in his last 10 years here as Tom Crean ever has, arguably accomplished more.

That's pretty much what his career has looked like, except sub a few NITs in place of those tournament appearances.

Knight accomplished just as much in his last 10 years here as Tom Crean ever has, arguably accomplished more.

I'm definitely not saying Tom Crean is better than Knight... I'm just saying the people that view Knight as a SAVIOR and are complaining about Crean don't realize their records are pretty similar over KNight's last years at Indiana.