Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

Who do you root for?

The last opening day of Jeet's career, and we lose to the friggin' Astros thanks to a Sabathia stinker and making Scott Feldman look like an ace.  I'm waiting for someone to say "April Fools!" or else someone has a very very cruel sense of humor.

Phillies fan. We had a good run a few years back. Could've been a dynasty. Injuries have killed my team though, along with trading the likes of Victorino and Polanco. Still a die hard fan, though. Ryan Howard is by far my favorite athlete.

booooooooo

Cubs fan, obviously <<<---. I think the addition of Clark the Cub is gonna do wonders for the franchise, he brings a real winning attitude to the clubhouse and I am looking forward to that. 

In all seriousness though, one more year of heartache in Wrigleyville then the Cubbies will start competing, at least they will be able to score runs to compete. Most of the pitching will need to come through free agency, but the offense is looking like it could be top notch in a couple years. 

[quote name="Feaskb01" post="56987" timestamp="1396463845"]Cubs fan, obviously <<<---. I think the addition of Clark the Cub is gonna do wonders for the franchise, he brings a real winning attitude to the clubhouse and I am looking forward to that.

In all seriousness though, one more year of heartache in Wrigleyville then the Cubbies will start competing, at least they will be able to score runs to compete. Most of the pitching will need to come through free agency, but the offense is looking like it could be top notch in a couple years. [/quote]

Did you see the photoshop competition Deadspin did for Clark the Cub? Hilarious stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Did you see the photoshop competition Deadspin did for Clark the Cub? Hilarious stuff.

Yes I did and you aren't lying. I love Deadspin, odds are if it has been on that site in the past 5 years, I have seen it.

Isn't that what u guys say every year?

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

I think it is a must for a Cubs fan to say, "This is the year", every year. It doesn't matter if we mean it or not. I don't think THIS year is our year, as the saying goes. I think NEXT year is the year the Cubs start competing

I lived in Detroit for a while so I pull for the Tigers. Let's hope Cabrera doesn't turn into Pujols now that he got paid!

He'll be 31 soon, make no mistake that contract absolutely will be an albatross.  It's never a good idea to give a contract like that to a player on the wrong side of 30.

He'll be 31 soon, make no mistake that contract absolutely will be an albatross.  It's never a good idea to give a contract like that to a player on the wrong side of 30.

In the next collective bargaining agreement they have to do away with these huge contracts. The MLB is the last major sport in this country to not have a max contract length or dollar amount and its about time they make that change. These contracts will never ever ever work in the benefit of the team.

In the next collective bargaining agreement they have to do away with these huge contracts. The MLB is the last major sport in this country to not have a max contract length or dollar amount and its about time they make that change. These contracts will never ever ever work in the benefit of the team.

Someone young like Mike Trout and it wouldn't be so bad, but he's only 22 right now and he's a better overall player than Cabrera is.  Cabrera is a better hitter, but in terms of overall player (fielding, hitting, speed) Trout is better.  Giving a contract like that to a 22 year old is completely different than giving one to a player almost 31.  Give a 31 year old a contract like that and you are going to wish you hadn't.

Completely agree. What's also ridiculous about these huge contracts is that all the money is guaranteed too, unlike the NFL. Plus, MLB is much more stringent with PED testing than they were a decade ago so it's not like these guys can juice up when their numbers inevitably go down due to age.

I'm a Yankees fan. Not just bandwagon, it goes back a couple generations. I don't follow baseball EXTREMELY closely (probably because the Yankees only seem to play on YE$), but I know enough about the sport to enjoy it.

Well mets are 0-2. I want Harvey back now

I think a rotation of... 

Harvey

Wheeler

Syndegarrd?

Gee/Montero

Mejia

... is going to be sick.  We just need a couple of hitters who can field properly and I think we can make waves.  

[quote name="djsalway" post="57164" timestamp="1396531524"]Well the Phillies should be 3-0, but the bullpen is absolute s***. Papelbon is the worst closer in the MLB. Huge waste of money.[/quote]

I didn't even read this until after I posted in the mlb banter thread. But I said the same thing. I want Papelbon gone.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app