Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

(2019) SF Trendon Watford to LSU

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

The NCAA answers to the university presidents. The presidents dont care about rules for basketball and football. What they care about is making money. See Big Ten having a revenue of $759 million. As long as the money train is rolling, and your compliance office is on the same page, almost anything is legal. Frankly there is a lot of ways that you can do things, perceived dirty by fans, but perfectly legal by NCAA standards. 

Then that makes our president a dingbat. Make that a dingo-bat.

Unlike the toothless in-breds of the Kentucky "schools" or the arrogant frauds in North Carolina, I would take little joy in victories IU gained by cheating.  I agree it's pervasive and getting worse, but see the solution differently. I believe the NCAA needs a Buford Pusser to emerge and go all "walking tall" on the d-bags that cheat. Make it more painful to cheat than it is to compete fairly. I don't have much hope of that actually happening, but I'm a dreamer.
I'm with you

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Unlike the toothless in-breds of the Kentucky "schools" or the arrogant frauds in North Carolina, I would take little joy in victories IU gained by cheating.  I agree it's pervasive and getting worse, but see the solution differently. I believe the NCAA needs a Buford Pusser to emerge and go all "walking tall" on the d-bags that cheat. Make it more painful to cheat than it is to compete fairly. I don't have much hope of that actually happening, but I'm a dreamer.

I think I'm with you. I'm okay withing hanging out in the grey area (whatever that means) but in no way should a university be paying players. That is so stupid. You never know how they will turn out. Look how stupid Arizona looks for paying for DeAndre Ayton. They had a first round exit in the tournament that year. He's a good not great NBA player...same with Louisville and the Bowen kid. He's not even that good. Kansas and the DeSousa kid as well. He's not even a starter. 

I want kids who want to play for Indiana and Archie Miller. yes, there are kids like that out there. Look at Texas Tech with Chris Beard and Virginia with Tony Bennett. No way is a program like Memphis clean. They have been terrible for ten years and all of a sudden they get a high profile head coach and they're landing all these top kids?? 

Didn’t want to lose any respect for The Watfords but it’s kinda hard not to.

Not because of Indiana but the LSU move is just ridiculous. It’s almost laughable.

Suppose if you are a 5 star or high 4 you may as well get market value.
Hard to hate a kid for wanting market value.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Didn’t want to lose any respect for The Watfords but it’s kinda hard not to.

Not because of Indiana but the LSU move is just ridiculous. It’s almost laughable.

Suppose if you are a 5 star or high 4 you may as well get market value.
Hard to hate a kid for wanting market value.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I realize this post is contradictory but that’s also my feelings.

Alabama would have made me feel better for whatever reason, but honestly they are paying folks too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think I'm with you. I'm okay withing hanging out in the grey area (whatever that means) but in no way should a university be paying players. That is so stupid. You never know how they will turn out. Look how stupid Arizona looks for paying for DeAndre Ayton. They had a first round exit in the tournament that year. He's a good not great NBA player...same with Louisville and the Bowen kid. He's not even that good. Kansas and the DeSousa kid as well. He's not even a starter. 
I want kids who want to play for Indiana and Archie Miller. yes, there are kids like that out there. Look at Texas Tech with Chris Beard and Virginia with Tony Bennett. No way is a program like Memphis clean. They have been terrible for ten years and all of a sudden they get a high profile head coach and they're landing all these top kids?? 

To be fair though, all of those schools are doing better than IU so paying good players/average players, what they are doing is working. If there is no police, jaywalk/murder, it’s all unpublishable so why hold back? Pay them all and maybe we do a little better than 2/22

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I really can’t hate on the Watfords or any other top recruit who goes with the highest bidder. We’ve seen thru the academic cheating scandal and now thru the FBI investigation that the NCAA will not do anything. So why not take the $ now? The chances of the majority of these top recruits getting paid in the league are get narrower as the competition gets tougher. Don’t hate these players, hate the game(NCAA).