Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
IU Hoosier41

OT: Trey Lyles Family was "Attacked" by Hoosiers

As we all know, the former Indiana Commit Trey Lyles announced this evening that he would be attending UK.  That story takes a back seat (as we've known about it since 2012...)  to some comments his mother made at his signing event.  Twitter can be a scary place for comments, but do you think it went much beyond that? 

Here's the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnsDIbg47tc

I'd be willing to bet that his father was called some bad names but I'd say that was about it. I've never seen two parents try to steal their sons spotlight like the Lyles.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I've never seen so much mentioned about a decommitment before.  If it was such a difficult experience to go through afterward then why do they keep bringing it up? 

Reading the comments on the article on bleacher report are killing me. Lol just read a guy post that Indiana fans talk about Kentucky kids not graduating when Cody left after 2 years. Does he not realize Cody did more credit hours in 2 years then probably the entire Kentucky team combined in the same span.

So easy to try to flip the script here and turn into the "victims" in this case.  Victims with loaded pockets...

This +100000000000000%. It's amazing that after having 2+ years to prepare for/how to handle their announcement ceremony the best the gang could come up with is they were attacked.

If attacked you mean questioned Trey/Tom/Extreme Tan....yes...I bet you were.

There was some pretty harsh things said after his decommittment. Some of the things said made us look like UK fans when Bennett chose UNLV.

Yep.  Every fanbase has their moment.  This was ours.  Not saying he did the right thing the way he went about it, but it was ugly.  Twitter + Disappointment + UK = Idiotic comments towards a 16 year old.

Was any IU fan really expecting us to land Lyles? When Crean didn't go to his shoot around when he decommitted that is when I knew it was over and assumed everyone else did too

Any IU fan that follows recruiting even a little bit should have known 100% there was zero chance he was coming to IU. Something happened, Crean pulled back and that upset Trey. Would love to be a fly on the wall in that room.

Every fan base has their crazies. Twitter is just a way those crazies get heard.

Was any IU fan really expecting us to land Lyles? When Crean didn't go to his shoot around when he decommitted that is when I knew it was over and assumed everyone else did too

Well, no fan was expecting us to land him.  Even the fans that despise Crean knew that.  His dad was ultimately looking for a job and Crean wouldn't accommodate.  When this happened he decommitted and instantly Calipari was involved and everyone (even people outside of our program) knew where he was going.  That is why he didn't have more coaches throw anything his way beyond the generic mail.  Crean actually cut ties with him.  Of course he used that as his reasoning when people started getting crappy with him.  His dad has threatened lawsuit for 2 years over Dan Dakich saying this exact thing.  Dakich of course said bring it on and was very loud about it.  Lyles' family backed away very quietly after this.  So, that is where the victim card comes into play.  Nothing quite like parents teaching you the right way.

I read some of the comments on that UK article off of BR.. I just had to laugh at all of the ignorance of UK fans.. Does anyone remember the death threats they made when Wiggins committed to Kansas over Kentucky???

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yo I'm gonna go to Kentucky to get a good education but if I stay longer than 1 year coach cal is gonna push me aside to the bench to make way for next years class.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners