Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Stuhoo

Holy Crap! JB2 Picked IU In A Buzzer Beater

From his Inside The Hall interview tonight:

JB: "I really heard a lot of Kentucky and to be honest, Kentucky and IU were my top two until the last minute. I actually was going to go with UK and then I just thought about it until the last minute and that was when I just like, ‘I’m just going to stay home.’ It really just came down to the last minute. People don’t know how tough of a decision it really was.

It was like the craziest thing in my life. There was like five minutes left in the game, I don’t know what I’m doing and I have to set up for the ESPN thing and I’m just thinking in my head, going back and forth still. And even when I sat down in the chair, I’m going back and forth with it. I had the two hats right there and I just kept staring at them and it just hit me at the last second."

First the Watshot, now the last second JB2 buzzer beater commitment!

Dopirak has a good article on it too.

There was some speculation that when Devin Booker, a guard from Mississippi and the No. 30 player in the nation, announced his commitment to Kentucky earlier Thursday afternoon that it might have influenced Blackmon to look elsewhere. Blackmon said it actually had the opposite effect.

That’s one of the reasons I was going to go to UK,” Blackmon said. “He’s more of a 2-3 and I’m more of a 1-2. I think we would have been good together. … I knew he was going to go there months ago. Part of our thing is if he went, I was going to go. I guess I just didn’t follow through with it.”
http://scoop.hoosiershq.com/2013/11/blackmon-i-just-felt-like-iu-was-home/#more-26833

Wow... That's pretty incredible that you'd schedule all that without knowing... Doesn't make sense to me...

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sounds par for the course for the 2014 recruiting class. They really can't make up their minds.

Can November 13th get here already?

This is how I feel, I won't be comfortable until he signs the LOI.

I actually checked the Scout site earlier and seen an article about his commitment.  At first all I saw was the words "Blackmon opens up", and I about threw my computer until I saw it said "Blackmon opens up about his commitment".

From his Inside The Hall interview tonight:

JB: "I really heard a lot of Kentucky and to be honest, Kentucky and IU were my top two until the last minute. I actually was going to go with UK and then I just thought about it until the last minute and that was when I just like, ‘I’m just going to stay home.’ It really just came down to the last minute. People don’t know how tough of a decision it really was.

It was like the craziest thing in my life. There was like five minutes left in the game, I don’t know what I’m doing and I have to set up for the ESPN thing and I’m just thinking in my head, going back and forth still. And even when I sat down in the chair, I’m going back and forth with it. I had the two hats right there and I just kept staring at them and it just hit me at the last second."

First the Watshot, now the last second JB2 buzzer beater commitment!

Heard it went down a little different than this but who knows for sure.

Heard it went down a little different than this but who knows for sure.

He knew, or there wouldn't have been the reporters there that were there.  I understand why he said that.  He is trying to keep things as calm as possible when it comes to all of the fan bases.  

He knew, or there wouldn't have been the reporters there that were there.  I understand why he said that.  He is trying to keep things as calm as possible when it comes to all of the fan bases.  

I would agree with this.  Especially considering the story that he tried to get Robinson to join him here.

yeah i'm calling shennanigans. I think this is just a PR move to make the fact that a UK legacy went to IU look better. So many sources around him were so confident (ND kendrick, Jaquan Lyle, etc). 

I honestly wish he would say "man I've known all along it would be bloomington." Happy to have him, but it kinda feels like he flipped a coin in a sense.