Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) SG Prince Ali to UCLA

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="78971" timestamp="1408233377"]Look at recruiting classes since Alford took over. Any recruiting service. looney, bolden, welch, Ali.

Total studs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

I think Evan Daniels would agree with you.

@EvanDaniels: Since landing at UCLA, Steve Alford has reeled in 4 5-star players (kept Zach LaVine committed) + 3 4-stars & aren't done in 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="78971" timestamp="1408233377"]Look at recruiting classes since Alford took over. Any recruiting service. looney, bolden, welch, Ali.

Total studs.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] I'm talking about the part where you said they've been killing us. Situations where they've beaten us out for players.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

I'm talking about the part where you said they've been killing us. Situations where they've beaten us out for players. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

Jurkin, you like arguing with me huh?

Here's my perspective. I get excited for good news and I get down for bad news. I am neither a "sunshine pumper" nor a "negative nancy".

I try MY BEST to be objective and call a spade a spade.

YOU took my comment as Head to Head recruiting and that was not at all mentioned. They ARE killing us in recruiting, and no I wasn't directly referencing head to head recruiting.

However, it is MY belief that they would beat us in most cases in a head to head recruitment.

My last comment was clearly speculative.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="79032" timestamp="1408246901"]Jurkin, you like arguing with me huh?

Here's my perspective. I get excited for good news and I get down for bad news. I am neither a "sunshine pumper" nor a "negative nancy".

My last comment was clearly speculative.[/quote]

I have come to the conclusion that I am & will always be a "sunshine pumper" and truly believe that is the only way to be. I love the Hoosiers & always think there is a chance to win. Hoo Hoo Hoo is going to disagree?

Check my stats using BtownBanners

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="79032" timestamp="1408246901"]Jurkin, you like arguing with me huh?

I try MY BEST to be objective and call a spade a spade.

YOU took my comment as Head to Head recruiting and that was not at all mentioned. They ARE killing us in recruiting, and no I wasn't directly referencing head to head recruiting.

However, it is MY belief that they would beat us in most cases in a head to head recruitment.

My last comment was clearly speculative.[/quote] I like to see statements like the one you made substantiated by fact. It's impossible to argue opinions that aren't based on fact. If you aren't referring to head to head, than I agree with you. But I would also say UCLA is smoking almost every program in the country in regards to recruiting, not just us.

[quote name="coachmayhew" post="79042" timestamp="1408252172"]I have come to the conclusion that I am & will always be a "sunshine pumper" and truly believe that is the only way to be. I love the Hoosiers & always think there is a chance to win. Hoo Hoo Hoo is going to disagree?

Check my stats using BtownBanners[/quote] I'm definitely in the sunshine pumper category as well. My opinion is that there is no point being negative about a passion you have. Being an IUBB fan is nothing more than a passion/hobby in my life, I don't need to let it become a negative influence. It's something that excites me and entertains me. There are plenty of more important things in life to bring me down.

We clearly take different approaches to our "hobby/passion". Neither is right or wrong. I play competitive tournament level hockey as an adult. At this point it's only a hobby, but I play to win. I have a winner's mentality. I consistently work to improve my weaknesses in effort to better myself and better my team. It does not depress me to lose. It DRIVES me to win.

How does this relate to IUBB? I have zero influence on their performance, and I absolutely know this. But as a winner in sports and life, I don't settle for mediocrity on a personal level. I recognize IUBB in their glory and in their follies. I HOPE for them to ultimately be the blue blood program they once were. My PASSION as a fan is very strong. I will stand by them in their lowest of times as an ALUMNUS and will REVEL in their successes as well. It's basically my competitive nature that drives me to win in ANY and ALL things. So, it's not a negative influence on me or my personal life because I recognize it's not something I can change or affect! I am not sure why people want to combine IU sports fandom and life so often? These are separate entities to me. BUT my incredibly intense passion to win still carries over to my hobbies.

Even if that is shooting pool, playing corn hole, you name it, BUT when I lose, I don't let it get me down, BECAUSE it's ultimately just a hobby.

We clearly take different approaches to our "hobby/passion". Neither is right or wrong. I play competitive tournament level hockey as an adult. At this point it's only a hobby, but I play to win. I have a winner's mentality. I consistently work to improve my weaknesses in effort to better myself and better my team. It does not depress me to lose. It DRIVES me to win.
How does this relate to IUBB? I have zero influence on their performance, and I absolutely know this. But as a winner in sports and life, I don't settle for mediocrity on a personal level. I recognize IUBB in their glory and in their follies. I HOPE for them to ultimately be the blue blood program they once were. My PASSION as a fan is very strong. I will stand by them in their lowest of times as an ALUMNUS and will REVEL in their successes as well. It's basically my competitive nature that drives me to win in ANY and ALL things. So, it's not a negative influence on me or my personal life because I recognize it's not something I can change or affect! I am not sure why people want to combine IU sports fandom and life so often? These are separate entities to me. BUT my incredibly intense passion to win still carries over to my hobbies.
Even if that is shooting pool, playing corn hole, you name it, BUT when I lose, I don't let it get me down, BECAUSE it's ultimately just a hobby.

Also, I am a Cubs fan. Therefore, I am not afraid to root for a losing program and am quite used to facing losses as a sports FAN! Haha.

Of all the teams I root for, IUBB is probably the winningest.

[quote name="jurkinonthecourt" post="79044" timestamp="1408252357"]I'm definitely in the sunshine pumper category as well. My opinion is that there is no point being negative about a passion you have. Being an IUBB fan is nothing more than a passion/hobby in my life, I don't need to let it become a negative influence. It's something that excites me and entertains me. There are plenty of more important things in life to bring me down.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.[/quote]

So we could miss the tournament for the next 3 years and you stay positive?

Not saying it will happen but using your description it sounds like you are saying you would never question things like do we have the right coach.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="8bucks" post="79050" timestamp="1408278456"]So we could miss the tournament for the next 3 years and you stay positive? Not saying it will happen but using your description it sounds like you are saying you would never question things like do we have the right coach. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote] You're describing an imbecile. I am not one. I will cheer them on all the same if that happens. There is always something to look forward to, especially when your team hits it's lowest point. I trust the people in charge to do what needs to be done. Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="WayneHoosier" post="79046" timestamp="1408261820"]We clearly take different approaches to our "hobby/passion". Neither is right or wrong. I play competitive tournament level hockey as an adult. At this point it's only a hobby, but I play to win. I have a winner's mentality. I consistently work to improve my weaknesses in effort to better myself and better my team. It does not depress me to lose. It DRIVES me to win.

Even if that is shooting pool, playing corn hole, you name it, BUT when I lose, I don't let it get me down, BECAUSE it's ultimately just a hobby.[/quote] If you knew me, you'd know your statements apply to things in my life that I have the ability to impact such as my relationships, work and community. When I fail there, I work harder and change and become better. When IUBB fails, I have no control over that. So I keep cheering for them, and hope that the people in charge work just as hard and make the changes that need to be made. Fans are just cheerleaders. We have no impact on who wins or loses, but it's our job to cheer on the team and be positive. Just my opinion. Believe me, I still have frustrations with the program. I just chose to focus on the positives.