Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

16/18 IUFB vs Nebraska - Saturday, 10.19.24 @ Noon - HOMECOMING

55 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

I mentioned that the trenches scare me a bit.  NB leads the BT in both sacks and TFL. Think we will quickly see how/if  our OL will hold up. 

Our RPO/quick game will help a lot here. Doubt we have Rourke doing too many standard drop backs. I’m very curious to see what we can get going on the ground though. 

48 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Wonder where El Presidente ended up eating last night.  He was getting a lot of Little Zagrebs, Mother Bear, or Buffalouise.  So as you could imagine every “fan” spot in Bloomington outside of Little Zagrebs.  

He just got here this afternoon. He was walking around some frats and sororities. He staying at the graduate if you want to say hi. He will be eating at one of those places tonight. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He just got here this afternoon. He was walking around some frats and sororities. He staying at the graduate if you want to say hi. He will be eating at one of those places tonight. 

Pretty sure he won’t be eating at Mother Bear’s again:

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Pretty sure he won’t be eating at Mother Bear’s again:

Yeah, I'm not mad at him for that. It's OK just not my cup of tea. We still go there sometimes but not a lot. 

By the way, Mellencamp put on a concert during his statue unavailing 

18 hours ago, DChoosier said:

I mentioned that the trenches scare me a bit.  NB leads the BT in both sacks and TFL. Think we will quickly see how/if  our OL will hold up. 

Its kind of hard to imagine, because I grew up when NB was an absolute power and they have been in the weak West division, but if Nebraska wins tomorrow it will be the first time in 8 years that they have qualified for a bowl and and the first time in 8 years that they have beaten a ranked team.  Looking forward to disappointing them.

I went to the Army vs Nebraska game in 1972.  It was back when Nebraska was a powerhouse.  

Game setting was intense.  All of the cadets in grey.  On the grounds of historic West Point.  

Was in the Navy and a good shipmate buddy was from Elgin Nebraska and lived Cornhuskers.

What a setting.  Stadium was full.  Cannons booming.  Cadets cheering.  Some minority Nebraska fans...

Kickoff...

Game was over immediately.  77 - 7 Nebraska.

Well, the worm has turned.  IU will win by a gazillion.  It is written.

Oh my goodness!  Why do we have to wait until noon?     You know I'm right. 

Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now, we could fight 'em with conventional weapons. That could take years and cost millions of lives. No, in this case, I think we have to go all out. I think this situation absolutely requires a really excellent and different gesture be done on somebody's part.  Fill the stands for the whole game!  

We're just the cray cray fans to do it...LET'S DO IT!

a man with red hair says i 'm so excited with his hands together