Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Lebowski

2024-25 IUFB Transfer Portal

47 minutes ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Not surprising, we had so many talented receivers to start the season. 

What is the problem with competing for playing time? I would think that being part of arguably the best IU football team ever, plus the benefits on campus that go with that, would be enough. I don't understand today's kids.

1 hour ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Not surprising, we had so many talented receivers to start the season. 

The Nebraska match-up was his fourth game of the season (Charlotte, Maryland, and N'Western composing the other three) - so I get the decision.  The move provides the young man with one final year of eligibility, and I am curious where he lands as his career stats are fairly pedestrian to this point.

2121751058_ScreenShot2024-10-21at8_56_21PM.thumb.png.45eec486490dc449271781463a4c9b4c.png.  

2 hours ago, cthomas said:

What is the problem with competing for playing time? I would think that being part of arguably the best IU football team ever, plus the benefits on campus that go with that, would be enough. I don't understand today's kids.

Guys are trying to save eligibility so they can have another year to play. NCAA just makes everything a free for all so this is how it is.

2 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

The Nebraska match-up was his fourth game of the season (Charlotte, Maryland, and N'Western composing the other three) - so I get the decision.  The move provides the young man with one final year of eligibility, and I am curious where he lands as his career stats are fairly pedestrian to this point.

2121751058_ScreenShot2024-10-21at8_56_21PM.thumb.png.45eec486490dc449271781463a4c9b4c.png.  

Well, he also had the option to redshirt and return to Indiana.....unless he didn't?

9 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

Well, he also had the option to redshirt and return to Indiana.....unless he didn't?

Per Williams's X post, see below, it sounds that returning in '25 was not an option with the current staff.  Inferring a bit here, but I imagine Williams went to the staff voiced his concern over playing time/targets and wanted to see what his options were.  These situations are always tough, I get it from both the staff and player perspective.  I wish Williams the best in his future endeavors. 393534759_ScreenShot2024-10-22at8_36_58AM.thumb.png.e01b3c79260ec21821c869efc75e6e73.png

3 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Per Williams's X post, see below, it sounds that returning in '25 was not an option with the current staff.  Inferring a bit here, but I imagine Williams went to the staff voiced his concern over playing time/targets and wanted to see what his options were.  These situations are always tough, I get it from both the staff and player perspective.  I wish Williams the best in his future endeavors. 393534759_ScreenShot2024-10-22at8_36_58AM.thumb.png.e01b3c79260ec21821c869efc75e6e73.png

That is a refreshingly transparent description of what happened by Williams!

- the team is perfectly fine without me.

-the coach saw it as quitting on the team.

Usually don’t get to see inside the back and forth like that.

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Kind of a big hit on the depth chart. 

Kind of weird/odd for him to enter the portal when he hasn’t played at all.  At this point he could enjoy the environment and  play 4 games, if needed, and still opt out to keep eligibility. 
IU has had a disproportionate number of guys enter the portal, most in the country, in October. ON.3 lists 26 guys that have entered the portal since 10/1 and 5 of them are IU guys. Wonder if a couple of these were “encouraged” but who knows?