Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

2024 IUFB Prediction League - Game 6 at Northwestern 10/5/24 3:30pm BTN

Sooner or later this team is going to be matched up against a quality team, but that is not the case this week.  NW is 2-2 and IU is 5-0 and has been killing the o/u and spread all season.  Can't see why that is going to stop this week.  We still aren't getting the respect that we should get and that probably won't improve after this week's touch football game at a pleasant little park on the NW campus.

Think our offense can score 6 touchdowns here.  I'll predict 3 TDs for NW, one of the late game variety when the issue is not in doubt.

IU     42

NW   21

Yeah, I agree with BottomLine; Indiana will have to face a real test against an actual opponent that has had years of development, and that'll see if the program has what it takes to deal with that level of challenge, especially as some people are already jumping the gun about us getting a playoff bid.  That said... we ARE playing Northwestern, and they are on a temp field, at that.

Going Bowling, Baby - 45

Can't We Bring Chicago Back to the Big Ten?  - 17

IU 42

NW 13

i din’t think I have ever thought IU would beat a big ten team by this much. Maybe in the 80s when Wisconsin was the doormat of the conference. 

15 minutes ago, jmsgws said:

IU 42

NW 13

i din’t think I have ever thought IU would beat a big ten team by this much. Maybe in the 80s when Wisconsin was the doormat of the conference. 

Wisconsin beat Ohio State 4 out of 5 times in the early 80's with new head coach McClain from Ball State.  Having graduated from UW - Madison in '82, I was at the game in the horseshoe when that fall UW skunked OSU 6 - 0.  Regardless, I cheer for my first alma mater...IU!  Always have.