Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Why are we adding 4 teams to the conference but no conference games? Stupid. Same with the women. 

22-24 games, at least. I'd be fine with 25 or 26, though. I don't understand what the argument could be against that? We play too many crap teams and two exhibitions is overkill. 

No, no, no, no and no.  

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I mean why? 

You like games against Florida Gulf Coast and Army? 

You make an unmanageably large conference schedule you won’t get rid of the Florida Gulf Coast and Army games that teams schedule.  Teams will keep those games on the schedule and remove the difficult non-conference games they are currently playing.  

AD’s aren’t stupid.  They aren’t going to schedule themselves out of an NCAA berth.

1 minute ago, RaceToTheTop said:

You make an unmanageably large conference schedule you won’t get rid of the Florida Gulf Coast and Army games that teams schedule.  Teams will keep those games on the schedule and remove the difficult non-conference games they are currently playing.  

AD’s aren’t stupid.  They aren’t going to schedule themselves out of an NCAA berth.

Then only allow them to play a certain number of non-power 5 teams per year. 

I'd go to 32 games (not 31)-- dump an exhibition game, there is absolutely no reason for 2, 5 games against non-power 5(or if you have ball, better teams), 24 conference games---- you get three games to play with--- example-- Battle 4 Atlantis/Maui. 

I just flat out cannot understand so many games against non power 5 teams plus two exhibitions. 

plus with the 4 new teams, we'd still have plenty of variety. 

23 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

image.png

I hadn't seen that Creighton was no longer going to be a part of that. They are buying out of the contract to go to a tournament that pays to NIL collectives, instead.

https://whiteandbluereview.com/creighton-pulls-out-of-battle-4-atlantis-will-instead-compete-in-players-era-festival/

Anyone have any insight into some non-con matchups in the works? So strange only knowing Battle 4 Atlantis at this point, with no B1G-ACC, Gavitt Games, or any previously scheduled home and homes.....

1 hour ago, hper50 said:

Anyone have any insight into some non-con matchups in the works? So strange only knowing Battle 4 Atlantis at this point, with no B1G-ACC, Gavitt Games, or any previously scheduled home and homes.....

There are no more Big/ACC challenge and I don't think the Gavitt games are still being played.

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

There are no more Big/ACC challenge and I don't think the Gavitt games are still being played.

I know, I'm just saying knowing those are not being scheduled, it's weird not having an idea of what the non-con slate will look like

3 hours ago, hper50 said:

No insight into specific opponents but it appears to me that season ticket and parking pass renewal prices are based on a 20 game home schedule.  10 of those will obviously be B10 games and I'd bet a on a couple of exhibition games leaving 8 non-conference games to be scheduled.  Now it could end up being fewer home games than that with refunds being issued but it looks to me like there is intent to have 20 home games and one would hope a couple of those will be vs higher profile opponents.  Time will tell but keeping my fingers crossed.