Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

49 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

Spending money on players and the transfer portal is a lazy coaches dream come true.  Woodson is by far one of the laziest coaches I’ve ever seen.  Tom Crean would blow him out of the water in todays recruiting landscape 

I think Woodson is too stubborn to realize he hates the new era of college athletics. But he has a checkbook with Boosters to his luck. Not being able to win this year will be all anyone needs to see that he's not fit to be head coach. But I'll give him the chance, maybe he turns it around coaching wise this year. 

2 hours ago, Juwan Moye said:

If you’ve seen The Wire, this thread serves as this message boards Hamsterdam. Keeps all of us delinquents in one place.

Post of the Day. Outstanding.

11 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

(also posted in the BM thread)

It pisses me off that Woodson still has no clue. Sure, he can buy pretty much whomever he wants in the portal, at least for the time being. But he continues to demonstrate his lazy approach to HS recruiting.

How many of these kids, who grew up Hoosier fans and dreamed of donning the candy stripes has he lost because he simply doesn’t want to put in the effort to show them that he’s remotely interested in them coming to IU?

Imagine if RMK had ignored him the same extent that is is ignoring these kids…

Interesting observation, because that was the criticism of Knight from the mid-90's, that he had lost interest in recruiting, had turned the responsibilities over to the assistants, and as a result, the product on the floor suffered. 

7 minutes ago, steubenhoosier said:

Interesting observation, because that was the criticism of Knight from the mid-90's, that he had lost interest in recruiting, had turned the responsibilities over to the assistants, and as a result, the product on the floor suffered. 

The differences being that

1. Without high school recruiting Knight, unlike Woody, was screwed
  2. RMK was in his 50's then, and Woody is already 66 and can't do this job much longer.

So for me? As much as I hate to ;) I'm gonna put a bow on this thread and make an overarching 'it all doesn't matter that much' conclusion 

• The team this year is likely to be quite good with any head coach
  • Woody's buyout is negligible after this season
  • This will be Woody's last year, win big, lose big, or in-between.

*ps: y'all are free to disagree, but ima gonna be quoting this post when it becomes so.

11 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

2. RMK was in his 50's then, and Woody is already 66 and can't do this job much longer.

So for me? As much as I hate to ;) I'm gonna put a bow on this thread and make an overarching 'it all doesn't matter that much' conclusion 

*ps: y'all are free to disagree, but ima gonna be quoting this post when it becomes so.

d0NnEG1WnnXqg.gif

19 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That’s an interesting take. In my mind Woody has to win big (yes, there are many interpretations as to what that means) to retain his job but your projection that this could be his last year, even if he wins big, makes a lot of sense. Win big and he might just take his victory flag and move on. All his friends/family/etc would tell him “you did it” “you turned things around” etc etc.

Lose big and hopefully (who knows) the boosters and BOT will decide it’s time to make a move.  

To me the worst scenario, by far, is an “in-between” season.

I really hope we either win big or lose big.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

so, Brad Stevens is finally coming?  About time geez

And without free agency (the portal and NIL$ courtesy the Cooks and Simons), it’s right where Mediocre Mike would be. Except that RMK was an X and O guy and could actually coach.

9 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

After the summer hiatus I’m trying to catch up in this thread and my brain hurts…. Must pace myself.

Let me know if you can figure out why a handful of people have such unbridled confidence about this upcoming season and are huffing and puffing as if we’ve already won any damn thing. Or if you can help me understand why that same small group somehow believes the HC has no responsibility or fault… ever… when things don’t go according to plan. 

I must not be smart enough