Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

It costs 0 dollars to use Google and find out that this Travis guy is a national recruiting analyst for 247. If you got real good at using Google, which again is free, you could even find that he’s 203/215 (94.4%) on his picks if you were able to come up with the right search query. 
Not even worth a response

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

So he is just guessing basically. I mean Woodson has bas of cash so that part isn't surprising

I have not heard his deal is done like Tyme has. But we’re definitely the leader.

I have not heard his deal is done like Tyme has. But we’re definitely the leader.
I guess I should have done a Google search. I should probably apologize to all for even asking about travis

Where would that leave Malik coming off the bench or are they really going to play those two together?

30 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I don’t see a world where Brad Stevens wants to coach college basketball again. Just not buying it. 

It's his wife that is the factor in the decision. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I know you don’t want to take my word for it but he’s told a lot of people in the last 5 years that he will coach CBB again particularly one school.

I’m ready to be hurt again. What’s the odds Woody is the bridge to Stevens? And was this the plan all along? Stevens says not yet, give Woody a go and I’ll be ready when he retires. Probably pure delusion but why in the hell did Seth tweet that lol

4 minutes ago, Trish said:

If Woodson lands all these portal kids, he’s going to win off a lot of fans. Dolson will be happy. But the fit? I’m not buying it. He continues to pursue kids that don’t solve the biggest issue; shooting. 

That and teaching the kids to guard the perimeter.  

If Woodson lands all these portal kids, he’s going to win off a lot of fans. Dolson will be happy. But the fit? I’m not buying it. He continues to pursue kids that don’t solve the biggest issue; shooting. 

The Bahamas tourney will certainly let us know early on what kind of team it will be.

Just now, Hornsby said:

The Bahamas tourney will certainly let us know early on what kind of team it will be.

Way way way too early. Even the good RMK teams were ugly at times in the Hawaii Classics. IMO too many new players to start off with a bang in the Bahamas against good teams.

2 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

That and teaching the kids to guard the perimeter.  

Woodson said it himself this season if I recall correctly. The inside game is more important than the perimeter game. Perhaps that’s why he‘s not concerned with guarding the perimeter while also being in the bottom of D1 in attempts per game. 

20 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I know you don’t want to take my word for it but he’s told a lot of people in the last 5 years that he will coach CBB again particularly one school.

Root for the Celtics to win the championship, then? Does that check a box for him?

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I still think if his kids had been older when Woodson was hired Brad Stevens would be the Indiana University head coach right now and not Mike Woodson.

15 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Where would that leave Malik coming off the bench or are they really going to play those two together?

You know they both are starting.

16 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

lol Malik isn’t coming off the bench 

10 minutes ago, Hoosier2014 said:

I’m ready to be hurt again. What’s the odds Woody is the bridge to Stevens? And was this the plan all along? Stevens says not yet, give Woody a go and I’ll be ready when he retires. Probably pure delusion but why in the hell did Seth tweet that lol

I don’t think that was the plan all along. But I think it’s been said to keep contacting me and we’ll see if the time is right.

Way way way too early. Even the good RMK teams were ugly at times in the Hawaii Classics. IMO too many new players to start off with a bang in the Bahamas against good teams.
Not saying a bang but be competitive not look like we did vs auɓurn.

Just now, Chris007 said:

I don’t think that was the plan all along. But I think it’s been said to keep contacting me and we’ll see if the time is right.

I know it’s still a very long shot but do you think the people who back Woodson would also jump at the opportunity to get him?

3 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

I still think if his kids had been older when Woodson was hired Brad Stevens would be the Indiana University head coach right now and not Mike Woodson.

Agreed. His son will be at ND this year and his daughter I think will be a junior in high school.