Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

Trent Sisley is an Outstanding Hoosier and (2025) SG - to UConn Thread

Yeah dead serious.   Years past if IU missed out on a 5 star in-state recruit from central Indiana the board would have been in meltdown mode and the mods would be busy hiding drunken post for the night.   Everyone knew where this was going 3 weeks ago so for a day where a 5 star Indiana kid chose an out of state school instead of the home school this thread is daisys  compared to others.   At the end of the day it is what it is.   The kid went to the school where he built the better relationship with the head coach.   Mullins himself said Hurley was the coach he talked to the most during his recruitment in the Indy star article.  Kudos to Hurley for coming into a recruitment later then others and from out of state and able to build a better relationship then some head coaches that were less then 100 miles away 
Woodson gets six million in the spring to get players so no people won't meltdown anymore. Without his huge nil yes people would be pre nil.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No earth shattering board meltdown over losing Mullins because we're all suffering from the novicaine manufactured by Woody Pharmaceuticals.

I think if there wasn't like 3 weeks to digest the information that there likely would have been a little more angst.  We have known for a few weeks this was coming so the announcement was kind of anticlimactic.

Indy star article with his obvious omission  of Woodson + his comments during the live announcement “I wouldn’t want to play for any other coach”.  He has a strong relationship with his HS coach who is high energy, much like Hurley.  Add in recent success and the offensive style and he didn’t want to play for a laid back senior citizen coasting on the job.

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No earth shattering board meltdown over losing Mullins because we're all suffering from the novicaine manufactured by Woody Pharmaceuticals.

I just care more about football lol 

And Mullins isn't some "can't miss" prospect. Our state has a kid like this every other year, at least. Plus... I think Mullins dad is a ******. 

30 minutes ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

I just care more about football lol 

And Mullins isn't some "can't miss" prospect. Our state has a kid like this every other year, at least. Plus... I think Mullins dad is a ******. 

Not that it matters now, but I'm curious.

12 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

IMG_1972.jpeg

Hey Mailman, will you remove your thumb from the pulse of the board and give it to me? I know a guy that could get better use out of it. 

giphy.gif

Now I'm picking from the football team.

I hope this season reflects our talent. I hope there are enough high water marks for the experiment to be seen as successful so he can appear to be stepping down. We can all voice our personal choices. I look forward to seeing Trent play next year. 

I am sorry to miss on Mullins since I grew up in Greenfield and felt a personal connection there and of course, I think he would help IU.....but having said that, I'm not that torn up about it. Maybe it's excitement over the current roster or realization that there is a new paradigm in recruiting/roster building. I'd prefer IU keep the best instate players at home, but until they do I guess we'll have to buy mercenaries in the open market, like UCONN just did.