Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

The 'official redirected off-topic conversations from other threads' thread

Just now, TeeterInNJ said:

Lol. Now I want to do a poll to see this board's opinion on ketchup vs. malt vinegar... 

How deep does the tomato hatred go?

I'm a ketchup lover, on eggs, hot dogs, fries, etc., but I'm a mustard purist on breaded tenderloins and sausages (Coleman's horseradish mustard is freaking awesome)

1 minute ago, mamasa said:

I'm a ketchup lover, on eggs, hot dogs, fries, etc., but I'm a mustard purist on breaded tenderloins and sausages (Coleman's horseradish mustard is freaking awesome)

At least we can all agree on IUBB and horseradish (hopefully we can all agree on that much...)

22 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Ignoring your (wrong) ketchup takes here, mustard and white onion on a tenderloin is the only way to eat it. Especially if the white onion has been baking in the sun in a plastic tub at IMS on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. 

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Ignoring your (wrong) ketchup takes here, mustard and white onion on a tenderloin is the only way to eat it. Especially if the white onion has been baking in the sun in a plastic tub at IMS on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. 

No pickles?

9 hours ago, TeeterInNJ said:

While we're on the topic of condiments, I never saw as much Ranch as when as I was in Indiana... At the time I was assured everyone from Indiana loves ranch (as in, dipping their pizza in it... could've skipped that era of the freshman 15... okay, closer to freshman 50)

Did I just run in a ranch heavy circle or is that actually a thing in Indiana? 

Because the unofficial NJ state breakfast would be Taylor Ham, Egg, and Cheese with salt/pepper/ketchupimageproxy.php?img=&key=06f59fe5df89d092

Pizza X says that ranch is their #1 seller in the summertime for breadsticks. So Indiana must love their ranch. 

Beer brats with sauteed onions, beer, and bell peppers and cold beer, and your choice of ketchup, spicy mustard, pickle relish and maybe drag it through the other condiments, and beer.  Or if in NJ on the boardwalk...Italian sausage and beer. (Guaranteed cure for a hangover.  Well, if you smoke a little splif...which I don't.)

2 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Beer brats with sauteed onions, beer, and bell peppers and cold beer, and your choice of ketchup, spicy mustard, pickle relish and maybe drag it through the other condiments, and beer.  Or if in NJ on the boardwalk...Italian sausage and beer.

You nailed the NJ boardwalk order... just need to be prepared to spend a good amount of time on the toilet later that day...

Just now, Dave from Dayton said:

Beer brats with sauteed onions, beer, and bell peppers and cold beer, and your choice of ketchup, spicy mustard, pickle relish and maybe drag it through the other condiments, and beer.  

I remember being like 10 years old and seeing my 300lb uncle order a bacon double cheeseburger at a restaurant. The waitress said what do you want on it? He said drag it through the garden. I sat there with my mouth open like WTF did he just say? So when we got in the car I asked my mom what was uncle Bob talking about dragging his food through a garden. She explained it to me that he wanted everything on it. I order mine that way these days.

18 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Pizza X says that ranch is their #1 seller in the summertime for breadsticks. So Indiana must love their ranch. 

This has gone too far now. Ranch is fine. It's a perfectly reasonable dipping condiment for many things. But Pizza X breadsticks without double dipping in cheese/marinara is criminal.

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Could take them or leave them. In my ideal tenderloin (at IMS) they typically don’t have sun baked pickles. 

1. How dare you. You never "take or leave" pickles. You take them.
  2. All of this ketchup talk is silly. Hot sauce is the correct and only choice. Why? Unlimited varieties and heat levels, and the ability to include any flavor profile.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Time to ruffle some feathers. 

The Chicago’s in Ellettsville is a top 2 pizza in Monroe County. 

(I have not been to any of the other Chicago’s locations so your mileage may vary)

Kinda like being a top two Mexican restaurant in North Korea. 

Portnoy is an @$$, but he loves IU and his pizza reviews are extraordinarily informed and excellent. Here is his take on what is thought to be the #1 pizza restaurant in Monroe County:

Ranch is overrated. Cheese, mayo and pickle on tenderloin. And hot sauce is the most versatile condiment/sauce there is. Ketchup on eggs is weird but it's not terrible. Anyone seen somebody eat potato chips while dipping in ketchup?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Ranch is overrated. Cheese, mayo and pickle on tenderloin. And hot sauce is the most versatile condiment/sauce there is. Ketchup on eggs is weird but it's not terrible. Anyone seen somebody eat potato chips while dipping in ketchup?

Because some things are subjective, but you always take the pickle.

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

If the potato chip needs flavor you're eating the wrong chip.

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Another strange food thing I didn't learn about until adulthood is cheese on apple pie. Never had it though because I just can't get passed the absurdity.

Cheese on apple pie?  No, just no.