Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

RaceToTheTop

The 'official redirected off-topic conversations from other threads' thread

I haven't had it but often eat cheese with apples.
Where's the logical foundation for this? Slicing up your apples and just before taking a bite "you know....this is missing cheese"????? I don't get it and won't get it. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Time to ruffle some feathers. 

The Chicago’s in Ellettsville is a top 2 pizza in Monroe County. 

(I have not been to any of the other Chicago’s locations so your mileage may vary)

I haven't tried the new Toppers that just opened, but will soon. Best tenderloin is Hoosier Bar & Grill in Ellettsville, followed by Office Lounge, then Wee Willies (IMHO)

(I have not been to any of the other Chicago’s locations so your mileage may vary)

8 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I haven't tried the new Toppers that just opened, but will soon. Best tenderloin is Hoosier Bar & Grill in Ellettsville, followed by Office Lounge, then Wee Willies (IMHO)

WTF... 

there are maybe five restaurants in Ellettsville and I'm supposed to believe that two of them are the best of their kind?

I'm sensing some Ellettsville Tourism Bureau NIL deals here.

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

WTF... 

there are maybe five restaurants in Ellettsville and I'm supposed to believe that two of them are the best of their kind?

I'm sensing some Ellettsville Tourism Bureau NIL deals here.

I'll vouch for Hoosier Bar & Grill (and Wee Willie's for their turkey Manhatten) as being the best, haven't done Chicago here (I work 2 minutes from Ellettsville). But, Jiffy Treet West is also here, so Ellettsville has it going on!! Lol

As a lifelong resident of Ellettsville, I can't get on board with this. It used to be good but it has gone downhill in the last year under new management IMO. I'm a Pizza pantry guy all day long. 

3 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I'll vouch for Hoosier Bar & Grill (and Wee Willie's for their turkey Manhatten) as being the best, haven't done Chicago here (I work 2 minutes from Ellettsville). But, Jiffy Treet West is also here, so Ellettsville has it going on!! Lol

FWIW, the #1 Tripadvisor rated restaurant in Ellettsville is Papa John's. 

3 minutes ago, mamasa said:

I'll vouch for the tenderloin at HBG. It's the best in town. Also, get the onion rings. I wouldn't order much else there. Jiffy Treat is the real deal. It also has good food besides the Ice Cream. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

I'll vouch for the tenderloin at HBG. It's the best in town. Also, get the onion rings. I wouldn't order much else there. Jiffy Treat is the real deal. It also has good food besides the Ice Cream. 

Good to know- I haven't ordered anything else, so I'll stick w my tenderloin and rings!

24 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Hoosier Bar and Grill is phenomenal. Loved everything I’ve ever had there. 

10 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

As a lifelong resident of Ellettsville, I can't get on board with this. It used to be good but it has gone downhill in the last year under new management IMO. I'm a Pizza pantry guy all day long. 

Damn, that’s really sad. I haven’t had it in about 18 months so that still tracks with my original post. Pizza Pantry is really good too, no doubt just not my favorite style. 

46 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Where's the logical foundation for this? Slicing up your apples and just before taking a bite "you know....this is missing cheese"????? I don't get it and won't get it. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Give it a try with a sharp cheddar.

I'm sorry, but anyone putting cheese on their apple pie needs to be put on trial for their crimes against humanity.

Edit: Cheese and apple slices are perfectly allowable. Toss in some grapes and a pita and you've basically got a kid's lunch tray lol

42 minutes ago, TeeterInNJ said:

I'm sorry, but anyone putting cheese on their apple pie needs to be put on trial for their crimes against humanity.

Edit: Cheese and apple slices are perfectly allowable. Toss in some grapes and a pita and you've basically got a kid's lunch tray lol

I agree with this. No one needs to put cheese on their apple pie. WTF!! Who does that? Ice cream and cool whip are the only two correct answers and not really even cool whip.