Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Just now, BA47591 said:

If it's about money for him he could wait until the spring and get 1m. 

I think he will get the full court press from us. 

That’s not necessarily true. For instance, he was interested in UK but now his role there is already filled. If he waits until spring he also competes for money and a role against portal guys.

1 hour ago, BA47591 said:

If it's about money for him he could wait until the spring and get 1m. 

I think he will get the full court press from us. 

Worth noting we will need 2 bigs and I’m not conivinced the staff wants to start and feature a freshman C when the portal is out there.  I imagine we are looking for 2 good centers before it’s said and done. 

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Worth noting we will need 2 bigs and I’m not conivinced the staff wants to start and feature a freshman C when the portal is out there.  I imagine we are looking for 2 good centers before it’s said and done. 

Best case scenario we land this young man and Danny Wolf wants more money next year and leaves Michigan. 

22 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

That’s not necessarily true. For instance, he was interested in UK but now his role there is already filled. If he waits until spring he also competes for money and a role against portal guys.

This is his time for him  to cut the fat deal!

Interesting kid. Born in Germany. Lived here then Switzerland and came here as a sophomore.  He patterns his game after Kristaps Porzingis. He's a lefty. Underrated passer, really good in the pick and pop. Runs the floor well. 

He's been living away from home for a few years.  A school that puts bigs in the NBA and to play right away. November 1 appears to be his deadline. There's some video of him working out with Dickinson, I'm not sure that checks any of his boxes. 20 years ago he'd been labeled a Euro big. Most bigs are that now. At this same stage, he looks like a s slower Filipkowski to me. Next to Reneau that could work. 

I'd love for IU to get him (just like woulda loved Moreno) but not a "must" imo. A center is likely the best position to get in the portal. Let them develop through that awkward phase somewhere else for a season or 2 and then reap the rewards. I wouldn't necessarily want to sign 3 transfer bigs, like this year, all the time, but make sense to shop for more court-ready players.  

Best case scenario would be sign Reibe and a veteran post from the portal to start in front of him for at least a year. 

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

I'd love for IU to get him (just like woulda loved Moreno) but not a "must" imo. A center is likely the best position to get in the portal. Let them develop through that awkward phase somewhere else for a season or 2 and then reap the rewards. I wouldn't necessarily want to sign 3 transfer bigs, like this year, all the time, but make sense to shop for more court-ready players.  

Best case scenario would be sign Reibe and a veteran post from the portal to start in front of him for at least a year. 

I believe that Woodson wants BOTH a HS big and a portal big.

Bob Cassidy had a great article on IU and Woodys position on the national recruiting scene. He said there was a lot of interest from recruits and he's well liked by who he talks to but the concerns are his seat heat. My guess is the negative recruiting against us is high. 

He concluded that a class of Mullins, Haralson and Tiller was very doable. I think if we get Reibe on campus, we'll land him. That's a helluva class. 

7 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Don't throw in the towel too quickly.  Canceled his KY visit after Moreno committed and he's canceled his UNC visit.  Don't think we're out of this battle at all.

“He is trying to move up his visits to Indiana (Oct. 4) and Oregon (Oct. 11) and is still considering Creighton.”

To me? This means he could have canceled our visit like he did with UNC and UK, but instead wants to still visit us and Oregon. So apparently it’s a four school race, and we could get last shot.

I actually think we have a real good shot to land him, IMO.  We had two bigs get drafted in back to back drafts, more than Kansas, Oregon and Creighton.  Kansas didn’t develop Hunter Dickinson to get drafted, that should tell him something about playing for Kansas