Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

10 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I don’t pretend to know the intimate details. I just know that whoever was behind this, either scrambled, bc there was no real contingency, or they have no business making these high level decisions. It’s a clown show at Indiana University. That is an absolute truth. 

All facts.

There isn’t a chance in hell IU was a signature away from signing Brad Stevens and ending up with this s***. Quinn Buckner took complete advantage of Shill Dolson (because Shill Dolson didn’t know any better) to get his buddy hired and here we are. The entire athletic department needs to be turned inside out. It’s ******** embarrassing. Makes me sick.

I will say A LOT of the issues this year can be laid at the feet of the players. X has been bad even when healthy, and hasn’t been a good leader as far as we can tell. Cupps and Gunn take the worst shots you’ve ever seen. Mgbako wasn’t ready to play defense and is still prone to lapses. Gunn and Banks seem basically the same as last year (which was an acceptable performance as a frosh!). Nobody’s blameless.

But again, lots of this could’ve been addressed with the open scholarship, or better utilizing the portal

Screw it, do what the TCU women's team is doing and hold on open try out on campus because too many players on the roster are "injured" (the TCU women's team has legitimate injuries but at this rate just get these guys off the court). 

1 minute ago, lillurk said:

I will say A LOT of the issues this year can be laid at the feet of the players. X has been bad even when healthy, and hasn’t been a good leader as far as we can tell. Cupps and Gunn take the worst shots you’ve ever seen. Mgbako wasn’t ready to play defense and is still prone to lapses. Gunn and Banks seem basically the same as last year (which was an acceptable performance as a frosh!). Nobody’s blameless.

But again, lots of this could’ve been addressed with the open scholarship, or better utilizing the portal

This is a systematic issue that starts and stops at the top. Mike Woodson has ZERO clue what he’s doing. There is zero accountability anywhere.

3 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

This is a systematic issue that starts and stops at the top. Mike Woodson has ZERO clue what he’s doing. There is zero accountability anywhere.

There are a lot of reasons to be mad, and sentence #1 is correct — I’ll just add that not every player is absolved of their own responsibility. Sentence #2 is plainly incorrect, and re: 3, we can quibble with it, but we know there’s been some accountability.

I tend to think the team simply isn’t good enough.

Also, probably a case where Woody’s gonna be more comfortable with more mature guys (as players, not speaking much to personal maturity), and this year’s older guys haven’t been able to translate that in the way the older guys his first two years were (when there were also more older guys!). Obviously Woody has ultimate responsibility and he often says that.

3 minutes ago, lillurk said:

There are a lot of reasons to be mad, and sentence #1 is correct — I’ll just add that not every player is absolved of their own responsibility. Sentence #2 is plainly incorrect, and re: 3, we can quibble with it, but we know there’s been some accountability.

I tend to think the team simply isn’t good enough.

Also, probably a case where Woody’s gonna be more comfortable with more mature guys (as players, not speaking much to personal maturity), and this year’s older guys haven’t been able to translate that in the way the older guys his first two years were (when there were also more older guys!). Obviously Woody has ultimate responsibility and he often says that.

There’s been a flagrant foul in the last 3 games and 2 ejections. And you’re telling me guys are held accountable? No effing chance.

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

There’s been a flagrant foul in the last 3 games and 2 ejections. And you’re telling me guys are held accountable? No effing chance.

He suspended like 1/3rd of the team two years ago at this time in a near must-win. The sixth year captain hasn’t started since he pulled a stupid flagrant. He’s more openly critical of his players by name in press availability than any coach I can think of.

Im not saying it’s working, I’m saying it’s just plainly inaccurate, on its face, to say there’s “no accountability,” because that’s just what we see in public.

10 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

The more I think about it, the more frustration builds with Dolson. This is really his fault. What was he expecting? Woodson had zero coaching experience at the college level. He had no understanding of any nuances. They pretty much had to build his staff for him. It’s gets more and more embarrassing the further you step back and reflect. This was a house of cards from the onset. We’ve essentially been relying on Archie Miller’s Indiana staff to get our 60+ year old nba coach caught up to speed. What….An….EMBARRASSMENT!! 

I’ll say this. If I were the owner of a franchise and my general manager botched a hire this badly, there is no scenario in which he would be around to make the next hire. 

Dolson is either not fit for the job, or the rumors of Brad Stevens leaving us with our pants down, has to be true. 

I like Dolson. I also understand the importance of being a productive fundraiser at this position. But……. At some point the most important KPI needs to become the on court/field results. 

4 minutes ago, lillurk said:

He suspended like 1/3rd of the team two years ago at this time in a near must-win. The sixth year captain hasn’t started since he pulled a stupid flagrant. He’s more openly critical of his players by name in press availability than any coach I can think of.

Im not saying it’s working, I’m saying it’s just plainly inaccurate, on its face, to say there’s “no accountability,” because that’s just what we see in public.

X isn’t starting because he sucks, not because he was ejected from the game.

CJ Gunn doesn’t do what he did tonight if XJ was actually reprimanded. XJ turned right around the next game and forearm shoved Edey in a complete non-basketball play.

100%

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I’ve lost all faith again. I don’t even know who we can hire to get my hopes up.

Lloyd, Drew, Beard. Lol. I’m not sure who else.

I know it’ll be Dusty at some point but I see him being like a 3 year build maybe maybe not type guy.

I’m getting too old for this.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I can’t be the only one that is now very concerned about a McNeely decommit…. Right? Bc I’m sure he’s seeing this dumpster fire. As with Queen. 

Imagine Queen choosing Indiana over Kansas and Houston…. What a blunder that would be. Lots of guys are going to learn from Mbako’s mistake in choosing IU over Kansas.

Just now, IU_FanClub said:

What do we need to do as fans, to make a change?

I know it sounds dramatic and hyperbolic but the fans need to walk away from supporting the program for awhile. Protests can be effective. 

I can’t be the only one that is now very concerned about a McNeely decommit…. Right? Bc I’m sure he’s seeing this dumpster fire. As with Queen. 

Imagine Queen choosing Indiana over Kansas and Houston…. What a blunder that would be. Lots of guys are going to learn from Mbako’s mistake in choosing IU over Kansas.
No. We don't shoot threes for the most part and our offense is awful. Woodson isn't going to change so even adding a few portal guys won't matter. We don't play modern bbal. You can't go anywhere without using the three point shot. A fourth Woodson year just prolongs this mess.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I’m right there with you. Been here for a while. Been saying he wants to win. Wants a top 10 team. We he committed it was going to be him Fland, Queen and another piece. Fland off the list. Queen might be off the list. Winning is off the list.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app