Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

8 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

This might end up mattering. 

I was wondering about this. At the bottom of this article: https://247sports.com/Article/Transfer-portal-Oregon-State-QB-Chance-Nolan-Indiana-Louisiana-Tech-Colorado-State-202679506/

That whopping increase can be credited to the NCAA's new policy that student-athletes are allowed to transfer once in their careers without having to sit out a year-in-residence. That means all players who enter the transfer portal for the first time will be immediately eligible at their new school as long as they meet a NCAA-mandated entry deadline.

37 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I was wondering about this. At the bottom of this article: https://247sports.com/Article/Transfer-portal-Oregon-State-QB-Chance-Nolan-Indiana-Louisiana-Tech-Colorado-State-202679506/

That whopping increase can be credited to the NCAA's new policy that student-athletes are allowed to transfer once in their careers without having to sit out a year-in-residence. That means all players who enter the transfer portal for the first time will be immediately eligible at their new school as long as they meet a NCAA-mandated entry deadline.

Yep, that’s been the rule but somehow even the 2-time transfers have been getting almost instant waivers it seems like. I don’t think anyone there has a clue what to do. 

Besides the academic inclined athletes…Are all these transfers from everywhere taking classes in virtual + computer programs…seems no grades lacking and never a concern.

Regarding NIL… I am 1000% in favor of NIL. On one condition…Athlete has to give up any scholarships and or financial support from university and go on NIL plan…or be on plan to accept scholarships and or financial support no no NIL plan.  Not double jeopardy.

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Nolan would be a major upgrade over Bazelak because, Bazelak.

Would think so. Last healthy season in ‘21 ran for almost 300yds along with throwing for 2700. So some dual threat capability. Played a yr of JC and then redshirted. So, another 6 year college guy. Can’t wait for the Covid year to cycle. Sick of 25 year old college players 

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Nolan would be a major upgrade over Bazelak because, Bazelak.

Only if OL gives adequate protection and receivers get open and catch the ball and run and make some plays themselves.

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Still though... if the guys we have coming in are even a hint of an upgrade over him.... it's a plus. 

Does that mean IU football scores 6 more points, makes 1 more field goal, intercepts 1 more pass, makes 1 more fumble recovery, and defense has 1 more defensive QB sack in 2023 than 2022.  I suppose that would be a hint of an upgrade.

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I'm going to be real.... regularly I have no effing clue what you're trying to say. Maybe it's me and I read your posts wrong, but I have no clue what you're trying to say there. 

Reading assistance to clarify my response to: your comment…hint of upgrade being a plus = same number of wins as or even less wins in 2023 than 2022 but losses maybe by an average of a little bit fewer points.

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Reading assistance to clarify my response to: your comment…hint of upgrade being a plus = same number of wins as or even less wins in 2023 than 2022 but losses maybe by an average of a little bit fewer points.

well... all of it matters, I mean.. just a little better at every position group would eventually be big upgrades as a whole.